Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so several years ago one of my brothers was speaking to someone and suddenly asked if I mind my number been given to Bill (name changed for anonymity purposes). I had been warned that Bill was mentally ill many people said psychotic it is important to point out they weren't trying to be mean or nasty they literally meant psychotic as in clinically psychotic.

I thought at the time well we had not spoken since first school, so it was strange he was trying to get in touch but i felt me been autistic and having few friends i recognized he might feel lonely and felt bad for him so i said ok.

Over several phone calls with Bill he told some outlandish tales. One been of him and his uncle having a shoot out with the police, another been of me bringing a real gun into school (remember he only went to first school with me) and a third of my younger brother been married.

I cannot say for absolute certainty that he and his uncle did not have a shoot out with the police but i find it very hard to believe.

I know for a fact I did not bring a real gun into school (or a toy one for that matter) especially in first school.

My younger brother never got married unless no one in the family was ever told.

so basically this guy just made up all kinds of random things. their were many other things he made up but those 3 are the ones that stuck out. He would always ramble on making up the most ridiculous stories that never happened. Either because he just wanted to get attention or because due to his mental limitations he got things mixed up with reality i think it was a combination of the two.

Anyway this seemed harmless and kind of funny and innocent. Normally i just found it entertaining to let him waffle on and see just how ridiculous his stories could get.

Until one day he linked me to a picture of Hulk. (I do not know this guys actual name and would not say if i did, he was just very well built so I nick name him Hulk). Bill alleged that Hulk had raped a girl and that Hulk keeps making threats to him. Of course Bill could have picked a better person to make things up about then Hulk. Normally if you are going to annoy someone you pick someone that does not look like they can lift a building in their sleep.

Anyway I thought if he can make an accusation like that, who knows what trouble he could cause, for me or others if i continued to associate with him.

I felt bad but I had to cut off contact with Bill. I tried to explain to Bill nicely that I did not want to talk to him anymore. However Bill is mentally handicapped, again I do not mean this harshly he actually is, due to diminished cognitive ability he is classed as having a disability and needs carers and lives in sheltered accommodation. He once told me his IQ was 40 which seems a bit low and well its below 70 but then he makes things up so I can't know if that figure is reliable.

Bill always tried to contact me still until I changed my number. So he could not, he still tries to add me on Skype on multiple accounts and on FB both of which I ignore. He makes multiple accounts. He follows me on twitter but he makes too many accounts to block so I gave up trying. I have 25 followers on twitter 17 are him.

I thought he was finally gone and this had all been in the past until he has started trying to add me on multiple accounts.

i mentioned this to some people recently and they want to see the pic of Hulk, I flat out refuse because Hulk is probably innocent. I can have little to no confidence in Bill's testimony due to Bills diminished cognitive ability and psychosis (I also wonder if Bill is even capable of understanding what rape is)
    They say I should show pic I believe this to be immoral and illegal.

due to defamation of character and slander on Hulk, I mean a rape allegation is pretty serious and I should not spread that lightly.

so my questions are
    1. Am I wrong regarding it been slander or defamation if i show the pic or give Hulks actual name?
    2. even if it is neither of these I still feel it would be immoral am i wrong there?
    3. does it make me a bad person that I wont be friends with Bill anymore?

ReputationRep:
    I also should mention Bill glorifies the days of first school and sees it as the happiest days of his life. He wanted me to go with him once to visit the first school we used to go to for memories and old times sake.

Somehow the thought of me as an adult randomly going to a first school with a mentally handicapped psychotic adult does not seem like the best of ideas for some pretty obvious reasons.

Just thought I should add that because it shows Bills lack of understanding of society at large.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    so several years ago one of my brothers was speaking to someone and suddenly asked if I mind my number been given to Bill (name changed for anonymity purposes). I had been warned that Bill was mentally ill many people said psychotic it is important to point out they weren't trying to be mean or nasty they literally meant psychotic as in clinically psychotic.

I thought at the time well we had not spoken since first school, so it was strange he was trying to get in touch but i felt me been autistic and having few friends i recognized he might feel lonely and felt bad for him so i said ok.

Over several phone calls with Bill he told some outlandish tales. One been of him and his uncle having a shoot out with the police, another been of me bringing a real gun into school (remember he only went to first school with me) and a third of my younger brother been married.

I cannot say for absolute certainty that he and his uncle did not have a shoot out with the police but i find it very hard to believe.

I know for a fact I did not bring a real gun into school (or a toy one for that matter) especially in first school.

My younger brother never got married unless no one in the family was ever told.

so basically this guy just made up all kinds of random things. their were many other things he made up but those 3 are the ones that stuck out. He would always ramble on making up the most ridiculous stories that never happened. Either because he just wanted to get attention or because due to his mental limitations he got things mixed up with reality i think it was a combination of the two.

Anyway this seemed harmless and kind of funny and innocent. Normally i just found it entertaining to let him waffle on and see just how ridiculous his stories could get.

Until one day he linked me to a picture of Hulk. (I do not know this guys actual name and would not say if i did, he was just very well built so I nick name him Hulk). Bill alleged that Hulk had raped a girl and that Hulk keeps making threats to him. Of course Bill could have picked a better person to make things up about then Hulk. Normally if you are going to annoy someone you pick someone that does not look like they can lift a building in their sleep.

Anyway I thought if he can make an accusation like that, who knows what trouble he could cause, for me or others if i continued to associate with him.

I felt bad but I had to cut off contact with Bill. I tried to explain to Bill nicely that I did not want to talk to him anymore. However Bill is mentally handicapped, again I do not mean this harshly he actually is, due to diminished cognitive ability he is classed as having a disability and needs carers and lives in sheltered accommodation. He once told me his IQ was 40 which seems a bit low and well its below 70 but then he makes things up so I can't know if that figure is reliable.

Bill always tried to contact me still until I changed my number. So he could not, he still tries to add me on Skype on multiple accounts and on FB both of which I ignore. He makes multiple accounts. He follows me on twitter but he makes too many accounts to block so I gave up trying. I have 25 followers on twitter 17 are him.

I thought he was finally gone and this had all been in the past until he has started trying to add me on multiple accounts.

i mentioned this to some people recently and they want to see the pic of Hulk, I flat out refuse because Hulk is probably innocent. I can have little to no confidence in Bill's testimony due to Bills diminished cognitive ability and psychosis (I also wonder if Bill is even capable of understanding what rape is)
    They say I should show pic I believe this to be immoral and illegal.

due to defamation of character and slander on Hulk, I mean a rape allegation is pretty serious and I should not spread that lightly.

so my questions are
    1. Am I wrong regarding it been slander or defamation if i show the pic or give Hulks actual name?
    2. even if it is neither of these I still feel it would be immoral am i wrong there?
    3. does it make me a bad person that I wont be friends with Bill anymore?
    If Bill is in a sheltered accommodation, why not let them deal with the rape accusations? You can send them an anonymous tip or somethting. If Hulk is a rapist, his victim must obviously out there somewhere. Did he tell you the name of the person Hulk allegedly raped? Did he witness it? Are they even related/friends?
    You are not a bad person. You are not obliged to be friends with Bill or anyone for that matter. You should stay away from this whole mess......

ReputationRep:
    definitely do not spread rape allegations based on what this "Bill" is telling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    If Bill is in a sheltered accommodation, why not let them deal with the rape accusations? You can send them an anonymous tip or somethting. If Hulk is a rapist, his victim must obviously out there somewhere. Did he tell you the name of the person Hulk allegedly raped? Did he witness it? Are they even related/friends?
    You are not a bad person. You are not obliged to be friends with Bill or anyone for that matter. You should stay away from this whole mess......
    It was several years ago so would be a bit late to get in touch with the authorities. Also Bill is mentally ill and makes all kinds of things up so I did not see it as proper to go to the authorities at the time. I hope if their is any truth to the allegations that the girl would have reported it.

However you have to understand Bills mentality he thinks like a very simple child, if he sees someone that looks scary he might assume they are a bady, he knows rape is bad even if he does not know what it is. He knows it is something normally done to a girl. Thus Bill assumes that since Hulk looks bad he is bady, bady's do bad things rape is bad so Hulk is rapist.

I mean this was not his reasoning to me but from my brief experience of him this does seem to represent how his mind worked to a limited extent. If Hulk really did anything bad then the girl affected (of she even exists) can go to the authorities, rather then telling someone who is mentally handicapped and psychotic.

I had no plans to get involved with the authorities on this one and would not intend to now many years later.

ReputationRep:
    It was several years ago so would be a bit late to get in touch with the authorities. Also Bill is mentally ill and makes all kinds of things up so I did not see it as proper to go to the authorities at the time. I hope if their is any truth to the allegations that the girl would have reported it.

However you have to understand Bills mentality he thinks like a very simple child, if he sees someone that looks scary he might assume they are a bady, he knows rape is bad even if he does not know what it is. He knows it is something normally done to a girl. Thus Bill assumes that since Hulk looks bad he is bady, bady's do bad things rape is bad so Hulk is rapist.

I mean this was not his reasoning to me but from my brief experience of him this does seem to represent how his mind worked to a limited extent. If Hulk really did anything bad then the girl affected (of she even exists) can go to the authorities, rather then telling someone who is mentally handicapped and psychotic.

I had no plans to get involved with the authorities on this one and would not intend to now many years later.
    I see. You said that some people have been asking you for Hulk's pics. Have you told them about what Bill said to you then? If so, you shouldn't have, to be honest. You won't get into trouble for telling them what Bill said to you it but definitely don't show them Hulk's pics or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I see. You said that some people have been asking you for Hulk's pics. Have you told them about what Bill said to you then? If so, you shouldn't have, to be honest. You won't get into trouble for telling them what Bill said to you it but definitely don't show them Hulk's pics or anything.
    yeah i told some mates of today why I am frustrated at Bill trying to get back in touch with me again then explained the story and why I stopped talking to Bill. They think Hulk looks like a guy they know who is always at the job center etc, the only possible link could be Hulk is very muscular and I guess the person they see at the job center is. They are highly unlikely to be the same person but they wanted to see the pic to know, because the guy who is at the job center is a friend of theirs and they think it would be funny if it was the same person.

I think the idea of some mentally handicapped psychotic person accusing their friend of rape would be funny to them.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i told some mates of today why I am frustrated at Bill trying to get back in touch with me again then explained the story and why I stopped talking to Bill. They think Hulk looks like a guy they know who is always at the job center etc, the only possible link could be Hulk is very muscular and I guess the person they see at the job center is. They are highly unlikely to be the same person but they wanted to see the pic to know, because the guy who is at the job center is a friend of theirs and they think it would be funny if it was the same person.

I think the idea of some mentally handicapped psychotic person accusing their friend of rape would be funny to them.
    I see....... I think you should get some new friends. Defo don't show them his pics, this could get really messy if Mr H finds out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I see....... I think you should get some new friends. Defo don't show them his pics, this could get really messy if Mr H finds out.
    I doubt Hulk would find out the odds of him know any of them is very remote but yeah it certainly would not go down well if he did. I think it would be wrong to show and thus will not.

You were right I should find new friends this group has now gone down the line of chat of blaming a Jewish Elite for the worlds problems. saying this Jewish Elite should be put in concentration camps and or hung. Also expanding onto They don't condone what Hitler done but they understand what he was trying to do.

the "what Hitler done" is not me mis typing I just like to quote them as accurately as I can.

When I took significant issue with this they pointed out not all Jews just the bad ones (which they happen to identify as the majority) and they pointed out that I agree with them its just the label Jew I disagree with and if they took that out I would agree.

Well no I definitely would not, whilst I make no secret of my disagreeing with Keynesian economics I certainly don't agree with their ideas. Many top economists disagree with my position and many top economists support my side that Keynesian economics is a bad idea. I don't want to derail to much on that point but basically whilst I may think the other side are wrong on that debate, I certainly do not agree with the idea of enslaving them in concentration camps or hanging them.

I do think the current economic system should be changed but do not support punishing people for acting within the law in our current system, let alone concentration camps and hanging.

Literally the only agreement we could be said to have is we agree Keynesian economics is bad after that we pretty much disagree on everything.

Whilst the group deny been Nazi's and take offense at the label, I am finding it difficult to distinguish between them and Nazi's.

This convo did not come up before I started this thread, but yeah after this discussion I don't want to hang out with the group. My only decision now is do I tell them in the FB chat that I will not be attending the planned meet up Friday evening, or do I just not show without saying anything. still undecided on that one.

However I believe Israel has the right to exist (this is not me defending everything they do as okay or me saying it was right or wrong to form the state in the first place) and my family are well off. This puts me in their category of Jew that should be put in the concentration camps. Yeah I see it ending in a brutal fist fight if I go to the meet up.

I am curious though, how did you conclude from just the chat i mentioned that I should not associate with these people? I mean at this point I clearly have to agree I assume they did not know I was of Jewish descent previously, but do not see any positives coming out of maintaining these contacts. However at the time I started this thread the only thing to go on was they wanted a pic for banter with one of their friends.

I don't see how we get from there to these people are not worth knowing. I am not trying to argue with you per say as clearly you were right, Just due to been autistic I miss things with people. I have to assume you saw something further then I did from what was mentioned, so am curious so I can learn warning signs to avoid for next time etc.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Hulk would find out the odds of him know any of them is very remote but yeah it certainly would not go down well if he did. I think it would be wrong to show and thus will not.

You were right I should find new friends this group has now gone down the line of chat of blaming a Jewish Elite for the worlds problems. saying this Jewish Elite should be put in concentration camps and or hung. Also expanding onto They don't condone what Hitler done but they understand what he was trying to do.

the "what Hitler done" is not me mis typing I just like to quote them as accurately as I can.

When I took significant issue with this they pointed out not all Jews just the bad ones (which they happen to identify as the majority) and they pointed out that I agree with them its just the label Jew I disagree with and if they took that out I would agree.

Well no I definitely would not, whilst I make no secret of my disagreeing with Keynesian economics I certainly don't agree with their ideas. Many top economists disagree with my position and many top economists support my side that Keynesian economics is a bad idea. I don't want to derail to much on that point but basically whilst I may think the other side are wrong on that debate, I certainly do not agree with the idea of enslaving them in concentration camps or hanging them.

I do think the current economic system should be changed but do not support punishing people for acting within the law in our current system, let alone concentration camps and hanging.

Literally the only agreement we could be said to have is we agree Keynesian economics is bad after that we pretty much disagree on everything.

Whilst the group deny been Nazi's and take offense at the label, I am finding it difficult to distinguish between them and Nazi's.

This convo did not come up before I started this thread, but yeah after this discussion I don't want to hang out with the group. My only decision now is do I tell them in the FB chat that I will not be attending the planned meet up Friday evening, or do I just not show without saying anything. still undecided on that one.

However I believe Israel has the right to exist (this is not me defending everything they do as okay or me saying it was right or wrong to form the state in the first place) and my family are well off. This puts me in their category of Jew that should be put in the concentration camps. Yeah I see it ending in a brutal fist fight if I go to the meet up.

I am curious though, how did you conclude from just the chat i mentioned that I should not associate with these people? I mean at this point I clearly have to agree I assume they did not know I was of Jewish descent previously, but do not see any positives coming out of maintaining these contacts. However at the time I started this thread the only thing to go on was they wanted a pic for banter with one of their friends.

I don't see how we get from there to these people are not worth knowing. I am not trying to argue with you per say as clearly you were right, Just due to been autistic I miss things with people. I have to assume you saw something further then I did from what was mentioned, so am curious so I can learn warning signs to avoid for next time etc.
    Here's why:
    "I think the idea of some mentally handicapped psychotic person accusing their friend of rape would be funny to them."

It's messed up. Psychotic people aren't funny. Accusing people of rape, let alone your own friends, isn't funny. Rape isn't funny. They are dumb and immature if they find these things funny.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.