Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Not giving my National Insurance number!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Last year I forgot my National Insurance number and called HMRC and requested it. They mentioned that they will deliver one to me but they didnt, so I let it slide. Just recently (3 weeks ago) I sent them a letter to get my National Insurance number and I still haven't received it. I went on the HMRC website and spoke with them through the web chat since phoning them would lead me to be on hold for half an hour. They said that the letter containing my national insurance number was issued on the 20th I believe. The letter gets sent through 48hour delivery - surely it shouldn't be taking this long.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by KabirAhmad)
    Last year I forgot my National Insurance number and called HMRC and requested it. They mentioned that they will deliver one to me but they didnt, so I let it slide. Just recently (3 weeks ago) I sent them a letter to get my National Insurance number and I still haven't received it. I went on the HMRC website and spoke with them through the web chat since phoning them would lead me to be on hold for half an hour. They said that the letter containing my national insurance number was issued on the 20th I believe. The letter gets sent through 48hour delivery - surely it shouldn't be taking this long.
    In my experience, it takes a few weeks to arrive. Your best bet will be calling them and asking about it. Make sure they have your details correct and everything, and ask for one to be sent out ASAP. Make sure they know the other letters haven't gotten to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    In my experience, it takes a few weeks to arrive. Your best bet will be calling them and asking about it. Make sure they have your details correct and everything, and ask for one to be sent out ASAP. Make sure they know the other letters haven't gotten to you
    Oh ok, I told them that through the web chat. If the letter doesn't arrive by next week, I will give them another call.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.