Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a test in September to see if i can stay on the course. So It'd help to know a good revision guide for my syllabus.

I've got a big text book, but i find it easier to have a revision guide which say the basics, then to read in more detail in the text book. The text book i got now just confuses me with its words!

Any people found any particular books helpful??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billyboymccoy)
    I've got a test in September to see if i can stay on the course. So It'd help to know a good revision guide for my syllabus.

I've got a big text book, but i find it easier to have a revision guide which say the basics, then to read in more detail in the text book. The text book i got now just confuses me with its words!

Any people found any particular books helpful??
    What text book do you have? Is it the Collins big blue one? If so, there's a revision guide to accompany that series - they are little purple books, one for each module.

ReputationRep:
    I must admitt the collins student support books (these are the little red books-around about £6.99 each or something) are really usefull..they have everything you need nothing extra and nothing less...these combined with Nelsons thornes advanced physics guide are usefull..the nelson thornes textbook contains everything for all syllabus's but i found it usefull as you can look up a certain topic and it explains it simply...plus on the bright side it's colourfull so its not dull to look at..it gets quite tedious to look at a book for hours on end if its black and white...Also CGP A2 Physics guide is good aswell they have really good notes for the optional units in it.....i did'nt use CGP AS Physics textbook at all but instead the nelson thornes book but the A2 one is good....Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I concur with the stuff about the Collins A2 revision guides. You can find them on Amazon easily and if you're willing to go for the other sellers, really cheaply: Here's module 4.

ReputationRep:
    That's the one. For us our school provided us with them to borrow during the year, does your school not offer this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle_S-C)
    I concur with the stuff about the Collins A2 revision guides. You can find them on Amazon easily and if you're willing to go for the other sellers, really cheaply: Here's module 4.

they look good I'll think I'll buy that one. We used the collins books for AS, I'm not sure if we get given them for A2 as it depends on how many of us are taking it.(I could always buy it ithough). We're using these massive purple books.

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a flick through, I noticed that Waterstones in Bolton (not exactly the height of academia) has copies of most of them, so you should be able to pick some up from your local book shop and have a look and see if it's for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle_S-C)
    If you're looking for a flick through, I noticed that Waterstones in Bolton (not exactly the height of academia) has copies of most of them, so you should be able to pick some up from your local book shop and have a look and see if it's for you.
    Yes, A-level textbooks should be available from all good bookshops (always wanted to say that)

But seriously, most have all the core texts, because there is a demand for them.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that phrase was suggesting that if the book is not available from a certain bookshop, it is not a good bookshop.

ReputationRep:
    ew revision

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2007

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.