The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
OP looks great! So spacious and modern :yep:. I was thinking that when we get that article a bit more exciting we could put a link into all of the current OPs.

Yep :smile: And I used "expand" tags to hide the tedious bits that most people already know about, whilst not omitting them totally, so that new users can read the rules of the thread :yep:

Yep, we shall indeed put link to the Counting Threads Article in the OPs, when we have sorted out the article :smile:

(Btw, can you add numbers to your last posts? Thanks :smile:)

(edited 7 years ago)
120122:smile:
Original post by tasha_tah
Hi :smile:
Hi there welcome to CTAM. Thanks a million for posting. Are you planning to be a regular (preferred option) or a casual drifter (also fine:smile:)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
Hi there welcome to CTAM. Thanks a million for posting. Are you planning to be a regular (preferred option) or a casual drifter (also fine:smile:)?

Heyy :smile:
I think casual drifter tbh...but i may be around a lot :tongue: lol
(edited 7 years ago)
120 124
Original post by 04MR17
May I make a suggestion?
I saw a few threads ago (I love how I can say that nonchalantly) that @spotify95 when posting the leader board tagged in all members. It seemed to be really effective: a wide range of users were posting, not just the usual suspects as is happening here. I know it takes a while but now that you've totalled up PT's posts there isn't that many left to mention.

What do you think?

I remember that - every 1000 posts I tended to do a top 20 leaderboard, and I tagged in everyone from the top 20 (plus a few people who were close to becoming in the top 20). Back then, it was quite tedious, because there was no such thing as tags or mentions - so everything had to be done manually, via typing 20 individual quote boxes. I suppose we could do the same again now; to boost our numbers, and get more people posting, we could tag in people who are close to reaching the top 20, or we could tag in all users who have made a certain number of posts (e.g. 20 posts or more), so long as they are still active members.

Good idea :smile: :yep:

120,125 - please can we remember to include numbers? Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
120 126
Original post by mr T 999
I knew it was you :angry: it was only a joke and matrix knew. You could have pm or vm me telling me to stop if you didn't like it :colonhash: there was no need to report me for it! I would have stopped if you asked me to. You were too quick to report instead of trying to sort things out with me, I'm very reasonable person.
I did ask you to. And you didn't.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hi tasha, welcome to CTAM! :smile:

Please can we have an edit here, to make sure that all posts contain numbers? Thanks a million :smile:

Guys.... let's keep things civil please :wink: and please remember the numbers! :yep:
(edited 7 years ago)

Looking good, thanks Matrix :yep: :hugs:

Original post by 04MR17
I did ask you to. And you didn't.

You did? don't remember you telling me tbh :hmmmm2:
Original post by spotify95

No worries :yep:

:wink:
Original post by 04MR17
120120:smile:May I make a suggestion?
I saw a few threads ago (I love how I can say that nonchalantly) that @spotify95 when posting the leader board tagged in all members. It seemed to be really effective: a wide range of users were posting, not just the usual suspects as is happening here. I know it takes a while but now that you've totalled up PT's posts there isn't that many left to mention.

What do you think?

Of course you can :smile:
Hmm that could really help with boosting counters, as Spotify has already said. In my post, I mentioned everyone in the top ten then mentioned counters from the CS. Did you want me to find other users to tag from the past thread, or is this more a suggestion for the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yep :smile: And I used "expand" tags to hide the tedious bits that most people already know about, whilst not omitting them totally, so that new users can read the rules of the thread :yep:

Yep, we shall indeed put link to the Counting Threads Article in the OPs, when we have sorted out the article :smile:

(Btw, can you add numbers to your last posts? Thanks :smile:)
Great. And yeah, I've been going through all of this thread will now add numbers:yep:
Cool!

I remember that - every 1000 posts I tended to do a top 20 leaderboard, and I tagged in everyone from the top 20 (plus a few people who were close to becoming in the top 20). Back then, it was quite tedious, because there was no such thing as tags or mentions - so everything had to be done manually, via typing 20 individual quote boxes. I suppose we could do the same again now; to boost our numbers, and get more people posting, we could tag in people who are close to reaching the top 20, or we could tag in all users who have made a certain number of posts (e.g. 20 posts or more), so long as they are still active members.

Good idea
Yeah. I was thinking of one where you literally tagged everyone (it may have been part 3) on the first page of the next thread, everyone who posted in the last thread. And it looked like it worked!
Original post by Matrix123
I'm currently working on it - my laptop is being very slow atm

Yup, I've excluded PT from the leader board and totalled his posts separately

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: At least you don't have an Acer Aspire that cooks!

Why did they put an i5 processor in that laptop, to give it some power, but also failing to fix an overheating issue, that present in the whole Aspire 57xx range, so that the user can't take advantage of that powerful CPU for most things? :frown:

(edited 7 years ago)
Hi tasha, welcome to CTAM! :smile:

Please can we have an edit here, to make sure that all posts contain numbers? Thanks a million :smile:

Guys.... let's keep things civil please :wink: and please remember the numbers! :yep:

Ohh Yess hahah thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking good, thanks Matrix :yep: :hugs:

:hugs:
Thanks :smile: At least you don't have an Acer Aspire that cooks!

Why did they put an i5 processor in that laptop, to give it some power, but also failing to fix an overheating issue, that present in the whole Aspire 57xx range, so that the user can't take advantage of that powerful CPU for most things? :frown:

No worries and that is very true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did? don't remember you telling me tbh :hmmmm2:
When I called myself an assistant ambience coordinator...
Original post by Matrix123
Of course you can
Hmm that could really help with boosting counters, as Spotify has already said. In my post, I mentioned everyone in the top ten then mentioned counters from the CS. Did you want me to find other users to tag from the past thread, or is this more a suggestion for the future?
I'll PM you exactly what I'm thinking of. Maybe leave it until tomorrow if you're on your phone...
(edited 7 years ago)
04MR17 is going to miss the finale of this thread
I know. I prefer to get out of the way to be honest. But I was in a meeting anyway and couldn't really get out of it. I was trying to get sense out of the local mayor, but it seems that everything that comes out of our town hall has strings attached...
Ohh Yess hahah thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, hope you like it here :yep:

(btw, please can you edit the other post, that hasn't got a number? Thanks :smile:)

Reply 138
No worries, hope you like it here :yep:

(btw, please can you edit the other post, that hasn't got a number? Thanks :smile:)

Haha :tongue:

Yepp done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest