Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which one would you say is better at English literature overall? Which one is a better University? And if you had to choose, which one will you pick? Please give your reasons.

Help much appreciated. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I live quite near to Westminister uni and I saw a talk on Eng Lang there, and my friend just went to a Herfordshire open day.

In terms of place, Hertfordshire is really, really beautiful. Westminister isn't, but its central to everything. I think they're about the same in terms of english...

I think I'd choose Hertforshire; because its beautiful and you can go all poetic and sit about in feilds writing poetry, or frolic in the woods

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the poetry :p: Good idea!

What about in terms of reputation? Which one is better?

Hertfordshire is also in the middle of nowhere - hardly a place to go out with your friends....

Westminster however is central london....it's bad reputation is making me rethink my choices.

ReputationRep:
    See, I was trying to skirt around the issue of Westminiters bad reputation; because it has got a really bad rep. On the other hand, its SO central! Loads of bars and clubs and pretty buzzing student life!

And then theres little Herfodshire - not just left of nowhere because it is nowhere!

It depends, really, on you.

Personally, I think you can make friends anywhere and have fun wherever you are! And Hertfordshire has got a better rep, but you've got to sacrfifcie conveninces...

hmmm...

this is quite tough!

ReputationRep:
    i live in hertfordshire, its a really nice area to study in. I heard the social life isnt the best, but still you can enjoy yourself if you go the right places

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire's website has a whole section devoted to 'student life' - so check it out, if you haven't already.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2007

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.