The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Scroll to see replies

Princesschickenbelly
This is what some bitch I work with told another colleague when they were chatting about me.

Apparently, I think i'm clever but I'm not cause if I was I would be going to a *proper* uni like Liverpool like she is.

Also for all psychology students like myself, she also thinks that psychology is a shallow, made up course that is ****. :mad:

go and inform your boss... he'll have to do something about it...
Liverpool
Reply 2
*******s! LJMU is fine. Whatever her issues are, its not your university or your course.
Reply 3
Just be happy knowing that even though she's going to a higher ranked uni you'll do better than her in life. Her attitude is completely wrong and will get her nowhere.
anteguardian
go and inform your boss... he'll have to do something about it...

Its not bullying or anything like that so he wont have to do anything.

Plus she didn't say it directly to me, she said it to a friend so she can just deny it or like he's said before when other things have been filtered down through other people "I wouldn't believe everything 'so and so' says".

I just wanted to tell someone to see what they thought of the situation and the statement.

I thought it funny that she kept telling my friend that she didnt like or dislike me because she hasn't known me long enough (I've only been working there about 2 months and i've only worked with her a possible week in total) and yet she had the nerve to tell my friend whos known me for 8 years that he must be looking at me through rose tinted glasses if he thinks i'm a nice person.
Princesschickenbelly
Its not bullying or anything like that so he wont have to do anything.

Plus she didn't say it directly to me, she said it to a friend so she can just deny it or like he's said before when other things have been filtered down through other people "I wouldn't believe everything 'so and so' says".

I just wanted to tell someone to see what they thought of the situation and the statement.

I thought it funny that she kept telling my friend that she didnt like or dislike me because she hasn't known me long enough (I've only been working there about 2 months and i've only worked with her a possible week in total) and yet she had the nerve to tell my friend whos known me for 8 years that he must be looking at me through rose tinted glasses if he thinks i'm a nice person.

She just thinks shes the queen of the world and everyone needs to kneel to her- lets see how many friends she makes at Liverpool with that attitude
Reply 6
Obviously her issue is with you and not the uni. She's probably just one of those people who always has to make herself think that she's better than everyone else.
There's nothing wrong with JMU, yeah Liverpool uni is higher ranked but who gives a ****? Rankings are a load of bull anyway. It just has more academic subjects and not really any subjects to do with the arts.
I do drama so I get a lot of "oh that's not a proper degree" comments and stuff. Just ignore it, each to their own, every degree is hard in it's own way.
Zo
Obviously her issue is with you and not the uni. She's probably just one of those people who always has to make herself think that she's better than everyone else.
There's nothing wrong with JMU, yeah Liverpool uni is higher ranked but who gives a ****? Rankings are a load of bull anyway. It just has more academic subjects and not really any subjects to do with the arts.
I do drama so I get a lot of "oh that's not a proper degree" comments and stuff. Just ignore it, each to their own, every degree is hard in it's own way.

2 of my best friends do Dance and they always get 'that's not a real degree' but they work harder than the rest of us! They aren't allowed to skip ANY classes, they work 6 days a week plus rehearsals and they have to travel farther than us aswell. It's crazy!
Reply 8
Think thats a bit wrong with what you just said IMO.
People have the chance to choose for themselves where they want to go...some people might have chosen JMU over UoL or Hope.

It's still going to be hard work wherever you go for a degree. I'm just happy to be able to get in as I never wanted to go to uni during high school and by that time I had messed up GCSE grades which then had a knock on effect with what I wanted at college...but once I knew I wanted to go I looked at my options and did it...

In terms of league tables and Liverpool, no..JMU and Hope arn't the best...but then again, on a national scale...UoL are hardly up at the top.

Fair play to you though for the whole distinction part...kudos!
Reply 9
Balls to it, at uni, who cares what A-Levels you got or how clever you are, or how good the uni is, the people there obviously think it's good enough, and you should know that. You've gotta have some brains to get to uni at all!
JamieBuckJack
My ambition was to return to Liverpool (specifically) and study Law at Uni.

Initially I was not bothered about the name of the University that I attended, with the proviso being that it was in Liverpool..

However, early last year I soon discovered that LJMU AND L Hope are not the best University's, moreover, I was told that I would need to attain a distinction in order to gain entrance to University of Liverpool.. Thus I worked harder and gained the distinction..

I am assuming that everyone that has applied to LJMU - has done so with LJMU being an insurance offer (either that or LJMU does a course the UoL doesn't). Therefore it is my opinion that if you work harder you will gain entrance to a better instituion.

Balls- some people do work hard to get into LJMU. Hard for you to believe maybe but some people aren't as smart as you, even if they work twice as hard as you. So get off the LJMU side of the boards and back to your uni please!
KinkayGema
Balls- some people do work hard to get into LJMU. Hard for you to believe maybe but some people aren't as smart as you, even if they work twice as hard as you. So get off the LJMU side of the boards and back to your uni please!

Right on! LOL.

Her exact words by the way were: "it (psychology) is the SHALLOWEST and most bull**** subject ever invented and it proper pisses me off"

"And LJMU is a pathetic uni for people who cant get into a proper one"

So there you have it people we are all thick and couldn't get into a 'proper' uni if we tried!
Reply 12
LJMU was my first choice and my firm choice of unversity, coz it's the university I wanted to go to and it had the course that was right for me. Even if Uni of Liverpool had a drama degree, it still might not have been the right course for me in terms of what modules they do etc. I mean I have friends who do academic subjects at LJMU such as law and accounting & finance, and LJMU were their first choices coz it was the right course for them.
Uni of Liverpool, just coz it might be higher ranked in some rankings than LJMU or Hope, doesn't neccesarily mean it's better for the individual. A uni is a uni and a degree is a degree. LJMU is known as a very good university. And as I've said I think rankings are a load of bull anyway. Because it is entirely upto the individual what uni is right for them.
Reply 13
ye exactly since i did my a levels last yr thn i knew this yr weather or not id get in the unis straight away and i got unconditionals from every one of the unis i applied for and jmu was the 1 that looked the most appealin and had the best stucture n everythin. im not thick if i wanted 2 go 2 wat sum ignorant ***** wud call a 'real' university i would have dun but jmu is the best in the country for the course i wanna do. i h8 people that think theyre betta thn others just because theyre at a uni which may b classed higher but at the end of the day its based on the individual a degree is a degree uve still put loads of effort in2 sumthin u care about n if u were thick or wateva as if ud b at any uni 2 begin wit
it is just stuck up people who think that!
I personally think it is a proper uni.
Reply 15
i'm am going to the UoL to study psychology in Sept, (the reason I am in this forum is because one of my closest friends is going to LJMU).

I personally believe that your colleague has personal issues with you not your IQ score. As you and I both know Psychology is a really good subject with lot of great financial possibilites at the end of it. Don't let the silly cow upset you. There will always be rivalry between both the uni's

xxx
My friend has just recently changed from Medicine to Psychology. She did 1st year of medicine and passed all her exams, but it wasn't for her so she changed. She's a really clever person and will go far with psychology. It is NOT a mickey mouse subject. This girl is just a regular old mouse!
im gona study psychology aswell in september at uni of liv..can not wait!

personally lol :p: i think it will a really good degree to have as it opens up so many other opportunites after it..atm am hopin to go down the child psychology route- educational psychology....bt tht all cud change

chat ya xoxo
Gilly brady
im gona study psychology aswell in september at uni of liv..can not wait!

personally lol :p: i think it will a really good degree to have as it opens up so many other opportunites after it..atm am hopin to go down the child psychology route- educational psychology....bt tht all cud change

chat ya xoxo

For me, I hope to go down the criminal psychology route. Very interesting for me and a great career.
Reply 19
It's a slightly elitist view for some reason. It is a proper uni, otherwise it would be called a college rather than a uni. It's because it's a former polytechnic, but that doesn't make it any less of an institute, and yes I am a Uni of Lpool fresher. Just don't take her on, you'll both get a degree, and it wont be judged as anything less. Psychology being a shallow subject is utter rubbish, it takes some knack to understand it, and is well respected.

Latest

Trending

Trending