The Student Room Group

Were you once a weak student?

Hi! I was wondering if you guys were once a weak student getting results like Cs in the past and now has been able to get As or even A*s.

The reason I'm asking that is in primary school I was a bright student, received straight As( 4A*s & 2As) and getting a B was like bad for me at that time. Thanks to my 6th grade results, I was admitted to one of the best secondary schools( star college) of the country( In my country, when we are done 6th grade, the govt allocate to schools based on our results).

Now I'm in 12th grade(ending the year this week) and soon to be in 13th grade. My O level results were 2As 4Bs and 2Ds and I was somewhat satisfied with the results( even with the Ds where i thought I would failed) and I believe this attitude is bad. In short, I'm becoming weaker in studies especially in Maths where i'm struggling the most ( used to get As and A*s). I want to bring back the days where I had awesome results, that's why I want you guys to share your stories to get some Motivation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trevish
x

Sounds a bit like me. Sometimes, I got good marks like A's and A*'s, but there were also situations I got a C or even a D. It always depends on my attitude and my interest in learning and the topics in general. Left the school before A levels, just I had no yen for learning in a building where teaching was so surficial: hardly lessons for making experiences, almost no lessons to bring a topic into question or ask special questions I were interest in. Didn't like teaching by following the shedule.

Was a free man for some years when someone told me that I have potential for being more than an ordinary a former dropout student. In the same period of time, I realized that I am autodidact in teaching myself. And it made more fun than. So, I gave myself a second chance by second-chance education. The results were better than before, better by far. This went on till A levels result which were not the best. Nevertheless, I got what I wanted and I have finished it by myself. So I am a bit proud.

My advice? Be yourself.
I am a weak student, always have been always will be 😅

BTW I'm not stupid, I just never cared too much for Academics 😑
yeah, i got expelled, terrible grades and gcses, in trouble with the law etc but now finally looking to study pharmacy in 2017
I was a student once, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Original post by Trevish
Hi! I was wondering if you guys were once a weak student getting results like Cs in the past and now has been able to get As or even A*s.

The reason I'm asking that is in primary school I was a bright student, received straight As( 4A*s & 2As) and getting a B was like bad for me at that time. Thanks to my 6th grade results, I was admitted to one of the best secondary schools( star college) of the country( In my country, when we are done 6th grade, the govt allocate to schools based on our results).

Now I'm in 12th grade(ending the year this week) and soon to be in 13th grade. My O level results were 2As 4Bs and 2Ds and I was somewhat satisfied with the results( even with the Ds where i thought I would failed) and I believe this attitude is bad. In short, I'm becoming weaker in studies especially in Maths where i'm struggling the most ( used to get As and A*s). I want to bring back the days where I had awesome results, that's why I want you guys to share your stories to get some Motivation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got no A*s -at GCSE

I failed my first year of A-levels, AS
Maths B, Physics U,Chemistry U

Resat and got my first A* in maths.(double)

Currently doing just Further Maths (double) and Physics. Along with the random AEA but not STEP. Nah m8

Hence doing this many A-levels makes me look lazy but I don't care because I WILL get 3A*s...

Just effort I'd say. And interest.

Even in my 3rd year I still regret my A-level choices. Should've took Computer Science or self taught Statistics.
This is because I concluded at the end of my first year I was only good at Maths... Although I'm too lazy to STEP

One more thing. This statement I am about to make will ruin anything I have on TSR. Pls do your best to not judge.

I got a U in GENERAL STUDIES.

I mean **** I am stupid
(edited 7 years ago)
In my first year of AS I got BUUU (mainly because I hated my subjects and didn't feel motivated enough to go through them)

This year, I got enough to get an offer from a Russell Group who want AAB from me

Spoiler

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
In my first year of AS I got BUUU (mainly because I hated my subjects and didn't feel motivated enough to go through them)

This year, I got enough to get an offer from a Russell Group who want AAB from me

Spoiler

Please. If you have any time could you PM me your story. I'm interested.

Which Russel Group, what A levels for every year did you take, did you switch sixth forms, etc
Reply 8
I felt like a once a week student tbh... hart turned up at school and got terrible AS grades (BBCCE) and ended up with BBC after A2.

I missed both my choice unis but my insurance accepted me and I ended up graduating with a first this year :smile:

It's possible to change if you're willing to change.
Reply 9
I'm getting holidays soon and planning to excel in my subjects!

I really really really want to get my 3A* and 2As by next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Wish you the best of luck for your goals. Everyone may fail, reasons aside. But not everyone is able to get up and to use a second chance.

Spoiler

I wouldn't say weak, maybe lazy. I guess that's the main people probably fail as they're lazy and don't have the motivation/energy lol?

I've learnt if you work hard and make the effort etc, you will achieve the grade you deserve.
Reply 12
Original post by Ishax
I wouldn't say weak, maybe lazy. I guess that's the main people probably fail as they're lazy and don't have the motivation/energy lol?

I've learnt if you work hard and make the effort etc, you will achieve the grade you deserve.

I should really start work my ass off
How i wish tv and social networks didn't exist for some montha

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 3 A at gsce and my c in english but got d or lower in everything else and i got 3 A at A level, simply because i only cared about my subjects and not the **** they forced me to learn

(my teachers said i would fail college because only people with 5 a*-c can even begin to think about getting good grades)
(also the subjects are maths, chemistry and physics)
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

You can do it! what subjects?
I did bad in my GCSEs, but ended year 13 with 4 A*s.
Original post by Daniel117100
i got 3 A at gsce and my c in english but got d or lower in everything else and i got 3 A at A level, simply because i only cared about my subjects and not the **** they forced me to learn

(my teachers said i would fail college because only people with 5 a*-c can even begin to think about getting good grades)

What were the subjects you got As in for GCSE and a level?
Original post by MajorFader
You can do it! what subjects?

English,History and Business :smile:
Original post by Kallisto
Wish you the best of luck for your goals. Everyone may fail, reasons aside. But not everyone is able to get up and to use a second chance.

Spoiler

Thank you!
Original post by MajorFader
What were the subjects you got As in for GCSE and a level?

i just edited it now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending