Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am applying to a few different places (still working out the last few) to do primary education with qts. I know that one of the options that you can get is an unconditional offer without having finished your a-levels. I don't believe that I would recieve one of these because one of my as-levels wasn't very strong. I am just curious, is an unconditional offer something that is often given out to this degree? The reason I ask is because I know people who have already recieved these offers for different degrees, but I do know that you have to take on interviews, dbs checks and many different types of tests set by the university, which makes me think that an unconditional offer wouldn't be an option for this specific degree. Just interested, and if the answer is yes, what are the most common unis that do offer unconditional?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No. Most universities hardly ever give out unconditional offers to people who haven't finished their A levels, even if they have perfect grades. As far as I know the only university which regularly gives out unconditional offers is Birmingham, and only if you firm them - it's a marketing ploy, just a way of getting students with good grades to commit to them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.