The Student Room Group

UCAS Application (Verifying Past Qualifcations)

I'm currently filling out my application for UCAS, and I found a picture on my phone which details some of my Core Science grades, the weird thing is that on the paper I got an A overall, however when I was in my Secondary School they said I had gotten a B. Unfortunately I cannot find the actual paper itself but would the picture be evidence enough to use when declaring an A on my application?

Attached is the exam results picture I saw. (Excluding my personal details)

14695597_10207946524684076_7058697576278589034_n.jpg

This qualification is the Core Science 2012 Qualification from Edexcel.
(edited 7 years ago)
GCSE certificates would be the best thing to use. If you're unsure of your grade, you should contact your exam board (Edexcel) as putting incorrect grades on your UCAS form can be a serious problem.
UCAS is very unlikely to ask you to prove your grades yourself, they would normally verify them directly with the exam boards.
Reply 2
Original post by Studious_Student
I'm currently filling out my application for UCAS, and I found a picture on my phone which details some of my Core Science grades, the weird thing is that on the paper I got an A overall, however when I was in my Secondary School they said I had gotten a B. Unfortunately I cannot find the actual paper itself but would the picture be evidence enough to use when declaring an A on my application?

Attached is the exam results picture I saw. (Excluding my personal details)

14695597_10207946524684076_7058697576278589034_n.jpg

This qualification is the Core Science 2012 Qualification from Edexcel.

No. You need the certificate.

That picture shows nothing. It doesn't even have your name on ffs!
Original post by Juno
No. You need the certificate.

That picture shows nothing. It doesn't even have your name on ffs!

It does have my name, I just cropped it out of this picture.Original - 14681793_10207947073977808_4648471817349420928_n.jpg

I never even received my certificate from my secondary school on my Core Science qualification, which is weird because they literally gave us all the other certificates.
That piece of paper doesn't count as any kind of proof of qualification, it's not an official document from any exam board. Your school might be able to help you find out the grades you got, it could have just been an error in their reporting at one point or another. They definitely should have given you your actual certificates.
Original post by lizardlizard
That piece of paper doesn't count as any kind of proof of qualification, it's not an official document from any exam board. Your school might be able to help you find out the grades you got, it could have just been an error in their reporting at one point or another. They definitely should have given you your actual certificates.

I see, so would it be wiser if I just put B on my UCAS application for now until I can actually recover or find a replacement certificate?
Yeah, you won't need the physical certificates for your UCAS application but you will definitely need to know the correct grade - any incorrect grades can get you in trouble when applying. They verify your results digitally with the exam board so you don't need certificates unless a university or employer specifically asks for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending