Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was researching on Oxford University and am currently doing my first year of A levels. I discovered that the university also looks at GCSE grades? Whilst I did okay, my results aren't extraordinary. I got 2 A*s, 5 As 2Bs and a C. I want to do English at University and that's what I got my two A*s on - does that mean Oxford will focus on that positive rather than my other grades?

ReputationRep:
    Is this English Language or Literature? Or both? (My cousin is currently at Oxford University studying Geology/Earth Sciences )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livelovelaugh:))
    Hi I was researching on Oxford University and am currently doing my first year of A levels. I discovered that the university also looks at GCSE grades? Whilst I did okay, my results aren't extraordinary. I got 2 A*s, 5 As 2Bs and a C. I want to do English at University and that's what I got my two A*s on - does that mean Oxford will focus on that positive rather than my other grades?
    which subjects were the Bs and C in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysmith268)
    which subjects were the Bs and C in?
    A C in Spanish and the Bs were in Chemistry and Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiawaseNekox3)
    Is this English Language or Literature? Or both? (My cousin is currently at Oxford University studying Geology/Earth Sciences )
    I'm currently undecided if I want to study both Lit and and lang or both - currently I'm leaning on both but we'll see. 😅

And that's amazing! How're they finding it? Which college did they get into? Sorry if you don't know!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently undecided if I want to study both Lit and and lang or both - currently I'm leaning on both but we'll see. 😅

And that's amazing! How're they finding it? Which college did they get into? Sorry if you don't know!
    My cousin is a 22-year old (turning 23 on 1st December) man :lol: :rofl: and he is finding it good in his college which is St. Peter's (no, he's not a mature student, he started Oxford at the age of 18 after his offer letter) but he said the workload at Oxford is huge as well as intense but I'm sure you'll manage it, I mean if he can manage it, YOU CAN
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you scored well/highly on the ELAT, sent in strong written work and had an otherwise solid application, I don't see why your GCSEs alone would hold you back :nah: Focus on things you can control, rather than things you can't :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.