Turn on thread page Beta

Do i have a stress "indicator" watch

ReputationRep:
    so recently i've been having serious stress issues and as i was rushing around trying to find a present for my mum (birthday tomorrow) who likes very little and i noticed my eye keeps on twitching, left one to be specific.
    I also remember it doing that when i stay up till 11 doing revision. As soon as i get a chance to forget about everything it stops. then when a problem arises it starts again.
    if nothing it's kinda useful as i can never tell if i'm just over reacting or stressing and this seems to distiniguish between them
    Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    getting a decent amount of sleep and eating properly should help you to manage your stress... staying up late doing work will stress you out cause you won't function as well at that time.... perhaps try going to bed earlier and doing something relaxing beforehand so you don't go to bed feeling stressed as a result of your revision ... i hope things get better for you ; I'm currently very stressed as well as I'm at uni doing maths but I'm finding it incredibly stressful and am not really grasping the content and everyone i know is getting amazing marks like 95% and i only just scraped 40% in the last bit of work we had marked :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    getting a decent amount of sleep and eating properly should help you to manage your stress... staying up late doing work will stress you out cause you won't function as well at that time.... perhaps try going to bed earlier and doing something relaxing beforehand so you don't go to bed feeling stressed as a result of your revision ... i hope things get better for you ; I'm currently very stressed as well as I'm at uni doing maths but I'm finding it incredibly stressful and am not really grasping the content and everyone i know is getting amazing marks like 95% and i only just scraped 40% in the last bit of work we had marked :/
    oh god, i intend on doing maths and i was hoping uni drops in workload compared to a levels but it seems to get higher. is this true?
    Also i hope your marks improve and your studies get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    oh god, i intend on doing maths and i was hoping uni drops in workload compared to a levels but it seems to get higher. is this true?
    Also i hope your marks improve and your studies get better
    oh trust me the workload is a lot worse . please only do maths at uni if you're actually very good at maths and are willing to put the hours in cause i might end up dropping out tbh

ReputationRep:
    oh trust me the workload is a lot worse . please only do maths at uni if you're actually very good at maths and are willing to put the hours in cause i might end up dropping out tbh
    quick question (im willing to put in the hours for maths)
    is the workload a lot more than maths a level or all 3 (or 4) a levels together cause if its the latter ill likely die within the first semester from some panic attack or something

ReputationRep:
    quick question (im willing to put in the hours for maths)
    is the workload a lot more than maths a level or all 3 (or 4) a levels together cause if its the latter ill likely die within the first semester from some panic attack or something
    yeh the workload is just the same as doing A-levels except you don't have textbooks and are just relying on lecture notes which makes it really difficult to know how to actually ' learn ' the content

ReputationRep:
    yeh the workload is just the same as doing A-levels except you don't have textbooks and are just relying on lecture notes which makes it really difficult to know how to actually ' learn ' the content
    Dont you have a list of "must reads" and "recommended reads" which are textboks which help. ive heard about this but dont know if its true.

ReputationRep:
    Dont you have a list of "must reads" and "recommended reads" which are textboks which help. ive heard about this but dont know if its true.
    well I haven't got a single book out of the library since coming here and my lecturers have barely mentioned books but this is something like ' bridging the gap to university mathematics ' which has been recommended but i cant really speak about that myself lol

ReputationRep:
    well I haven't got a single book out of the library since coming here and my lecturers have barely mentioned books but this is something like ' bridging the gap to university mathematics ' which has been recommended but i cant really speak about that myself lol
    damn.... i hope your studies get better then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.