Turn on thread page Beta

D of E bronze Physical and Skills HELP ME !!!!!!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got 2 weeks to enter what I want to do for skills and physical and I have no idea!
    Skills - Ideally, I wanted to coach the lower netball team, but I can't ask my coach because it's half term and she won't check her emails... any ways, I need to volunteer for 15 hours over 3 months and we only have practice once a week! I have no idea what other skill to do and how to find an assessor...

-I don't play for any team
    -I have a sports club membership but not an assessor!

Physical -

Similar idea...not enough time over 3 months!!!
    What did you guys do...any links to websites etc.?? Free?

ReputationRep:
    For my physical I just went to the gym :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    For my physical I just went to the gym :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously? Who was your assessor...? But I still don't think so 'cause our gym is only open for an hour...

ReputationRep:
    DofE is based on an average of 1 hour per week per activity. For coaching, you needn't necessarily be the main coach but you can help out. As long as you do it once a week for an hour, you are good. We are already halfway through half term so waiting a few more days to ask won't make much difference.

Physical - Gym for an hour a week will do. A member of gym staff could sign it off for you, or you could record your progress and show it to a PE teacher at school or maybe even your DofE leader. You could also do something like jogging/running and record your progress on your phone with an app, and print it all out as evidence for an assessor to look at. You can also upload it to eDofE.

Source: I'm a DofE leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MistFearless)
    Seriously? Who was your assessor...? But I still don't think so 'cause our gym is only open for an hour...
    The gym instructor

Posted from TSR Mobile

The information I got from school says 15 hours in 3 months... if I did an hour a week, that wouldn't work... but I'm on the netball team... a 1 hour session each week+ a few matches... that would work right?

Also, can your assessor assess two things??? eg. skills and physical?

(Original post by Talon)
    DofE is based on an average of 1 hour per week per activity. For coaching, you needn't necessarily be the main coach but you can help out. As long as you do it once a week for an hour, you are good. We are already halfway through half term so waiting a few more days to ask won't make much difference.

Physical - Gym for an hour a week will do. A member of gym staff could sign it off for you, or you could record your progress and show it to a PE teacher at school or maybe even your DofE leader. You could also do something like jogging/running and record your progress on your phone with an app, and print it all out as evidence for an assessor to look at. You can also upload it to eDofE.

Source: I'm a DofE leader.
    Thanks! This really helped!

Could I have the same assessor for two sections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The information I got from school says 15 hours in 3 months... if I did an hour a week, that wouldn't work... but I'm on the netball team... a 1 hour session each week+ a few matches... that would work right?
    It is 3 months, not 15 hours. It is a minimum of 1 hour per week for that period, though if you have to miss a week you could do two hours the next week. What you can't do is do 15 hours over the course of a weekend as it doesn't count!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks! This really helped!

Could I have the same assessor for two sections?
    Yes, you can have the same assessor for two sections, but not all three. I'm not sure why you needed to ask that anonymously though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    It is 3 months, not 15 hours. It is a minimum of 1 hour per week for that period, though if you have to miss a week you could do two hours the next week. What you can't do is do 15 hours over the course of a weekend as it doesn't count!

Yes, you can have the same assessor for two sections, but not all three. I'm not sure why you needed to ask that anonymously though!
    Yeah that was an accident

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.