Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys help me out on this one because I'm going in circles. My contract states that I'm required to give "one week's notice", simple enough right?

However, I'm only contracted weekend work, so if I had my notice in tomorrow would that mean that my last shift would be the Sunday as the notice period only covers those shifts, or could they require me to work the following Saturday as well as it was technically the first shift the notice period could apply to?

I'm just going around in circles by myself here!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mazzi)
    Okay guys help me out on this one because I'm going in circles. My contract states that I'm required to give "one week's notice", simple enough right?

However, I'm only contracted weekend work, so if I had my notice in tomorrow would that mean that my last shift would be the Sunday as the notice period only covers those shifts, or could they require me to work the following Saturday as well as it was technically the first shift the notice period could apply to?

I'm just going around in circles by myself here!
    If you hand in your notice on 27th, this is a Thursday. The latest you can therefore be required to work is Thursday 3rd November. As you don't work during the week, your last day of work would be Sunday 30th.

However, read your contract carefully. Some places do specify full weeks, working weeks, or other terminology - which would make your finish date something different.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you hand in your notice on 27th, this is a Thursday. The latest you can therefore be required to work is Thursday 3rd November. As you don't work during the week, your last day of work would be Sunday 30th.

However, read your contract carefully. Some places do specify full weeks, working weeks, or other terminology - which would make your finish date something different.
    I agree

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.