How did you lose so much weight?

Watch
Graduate_Medic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, I'm really interested in how people have turned their eating habits / mentality to food around in order to lose weight permanently?

If you suffer from BED or bulimia I'm especially interested to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DelphiDeWitt)
Hey guys, I'm really interested in how people have turned their eating habits / mentality to food around in order to lose weight permanently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's no permanently my friend, just moderation. Take part in a variety of sports and you'll find something you like. Go on a high protein low carb diet. the important thing is discipline. Resist the sweets,
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really don't think it's in anyone's best interests to ask people with eating disorders how they lose weight.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
I really don't think it's in anyone's best interests to ask people with eating disorders how they lose weight.
Couldn't agree more. This is not some thinspiration board.
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although I'm not 'completely' over BED/Mia I've changed a lot about my eating habits and lifestyle to help myself out as much as possible and be more healthy.

In 2013 I weighed 95kg and I was around 5'10 and 13 years old. I began purging in 2012 to "become skinny" and "lose weight" but actually this was just a stupid pathetic addiction I got caught in and it didn't help me lose weight, more maintain. PLUS it lead to plenty of cancer scares from coughing up blood, sore throats, and the whole "damn I left a bag of puke under my bed again!!"

So later that year I joined my mum on a weightloss thing (she had to lose 5 stone quickly to give her kidney to my brother) by completely cutting out carbs and exercise 2-3 times a week. I lost 30lbs in about a year (with cheat days!) and kept most of it off.

Nowadays I rarely purge a binge. Most of the time I punish myself by dealing with that stuffed feeling as a way to persuade myself never to do it again. It's evil and the urge to B/P never ever leaves no matter how healthy I am. Now 50lbs down the line, I binge MAXIMUM once a month to get rid of my cravings, and now I don't remember the last time I purged.

Get your head around the fact that this habit won't just leave. The urges won't disappear one day and VOILA SKINNY ME nah you need to ignore it and know the harmful facts its doing to your body.

Understand there's a wider range of fruits/veggies out there than there are fatty foods. Research healthy food ideas, cook for yourself w/ music on, find out what you love to eat and dont be ashamed or angry that food is and always will play a huge role in your life. Growing up overweight was pretty damn tough and I'll never look at food the same way a 'normal' person ever will, but I'm doing whatever I can to be a good influence on my future kids and have a long healthy life

If you need more help with recovery about BED/Mia then PM me g
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Although I haven't bothered since like June or something, for the first half of the year I lost 30lbs (2st 2 lbs). It's really not that difficult physically, I lost pretty much all of that just by changing my eating habits. By actually recording what I was eating and making an effort to eat slightly better things in my life whilst reducing fast food and fizzy drink intake. That plus walking a lot every week and trying the C25K programme helped me

I really need to get back into the swing of it but it's mentally difficult to imagine doing it eugh
Ham22
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
I find cutting out carbs usually helps me lose weight.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
i don't have an eating disorder but I lost like 15kg in summer of 2015 bc my mum went on holiday for like a month and a half.

wanna lose weight? become a mum :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (94)
27.17%
England (114)
32.95%
Belgium (27)
7.8%
Germany (39)
11.27%
Spain (8)
2.31%