Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what CD Roms everyone used for revising the driving theory test? I have been told that Driving Test Success 2003/2004 is very good, can anyone tell me if i should get this one and also how much it is?

Thanks for your help
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've got my test next week!

Make sure you read the highway code!

And I've got that CD, it's quite good. My driving instructor sold me a copy for £9, but I later saw it at Asda for about £5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    I was wondering what CD Roms everyone used for revising the driving theory test? I have been told that Driving Test Success 2003/2004 is very good, can anyone tell me if i should get this one and also how much it is?

Thanks for your help
    GET THIS ONE, i think about 99% of the questions are identically phrased exactly in the same way or in a very similar (unnoticable) way, and also much better test wise (instead of flicking through the book). also the hazard perception is ok, but i think that in the test hazard perception windows are much smaller so you have to respond more quickly. im not quite sure of the price, but one of your mates must have so just borrow it 2/3 days before the test or just get it off kazaa.. but if you really want to buy it it should set you £20 tops, but probably much cheaper than that anyway..

hope that helps Nv

ReputationRep:
    i think its about £9, youve seen it at asda for £5? i will have a look but i dont think its that cheap.

I need to get revising asap, as my test is in 3 weeks time!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    i think its about £9, youve seen it at asda for £5? i will have a look but i dont think its that cheap.

I need to get revising asap, as my test is in 3 weeks time!
    I (well, daddy) paid £9 for my copy, and it was cheaper than that in Asda

ReputationRep:
    oh right i saw it at amazon.co.uk for £5.30 + delivery + vat = £9.20

they have added vat onto it which i didnt think they normally did? its so funny the cost of it is nearly dopuble by the time you actually order it.

I will look in asda tommorow and hope they have it.

ReputationRep:
    Get the OFFICIAL dvla hazard perception CD-rom - yeh it only has 10 clips or so but you see exactly what theyre looking for, and the other unofficial ones are so far off the mark its untrue

ReputationRep:
    I used the 'Road Sense-Hazard Perception' video. It was good in that it helped me understand what a hazard is and the different kinds, but it didn't actually provide any clips which you can actively practice (by that i mean clips which require the you to use the remote control and press something when you see a hazard). It only gave me clips to watch and say in my head when I see a hazard. Who else used this video?

ReputationRep:
    im just using the books.... cant be bothered with the cd's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Get the OFFICIAL dvla hazard perception CD-rom - yeh it only has 10 clips or so but you see exactly what theyre looking for, and the other unofficial ones are so far off the mark its untrue
    such lies

ReputationRep:
    ok im gonna get the cd rom + the highway code book? is there anything else i will need? i will use the internet aswell.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    ok im gonna get the cd rom + the highway code book? is there anything else i will need? i will use the internet aswell.

thanks
    nah thats all; but you may like to know that the highway code is available on the interweb already (although you may prefer a book for night time/ toilet time reading)

ReputationRep:
    what site is it on?

ReputationRep:
    if you take lessons with BSM you are allowed to use their driving simulator (if your local BSM shop has one).

ReputationRep:
    i used driving test success theory 2003/2004. i had both the questions and the hazard perception. i got them for about £5 in morrisons... maybe ask a friend though, i know me and my friends all shared a lot of stuff cos it seems silly us all buying it *although lou would like to remind you that copying is illegal*... i thought it was pretty decent

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Driving Test Success 2003/2004 is the one i want to get alot of people have said its probaly the best there is, i think its about £5-9, im hoping i can get it really cheap.

What does it come with? Hazard perception?

ReputationRep:
    i got a cd from the driving school, togheter with the books. it costed a little extra but was definetly worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Driving Test Success 2003/2004 is the one i want to get alot of people have said its probaly the best there is, i think its about £5-9, im hoping i can get it really cheap.

What does it come with? Hazard perception?
    you buy the 2 cds seperately (so it's £10 overall)- there's a question one and a hazardperception one. maybe your instructor sells them together?

lou xxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    you buy the 2 cds seperately (so it's £10 overall)- there's a question one and a hazardperception one. maybe your instructor sells them together?

lou xxx
    I bought the 2 CDs together, in one CD case

ReputationRep:
    This is the cheapest I've seen it online, £7.99 including delivery

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...C&title=127923

Brill site in general btw guys

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.