Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm wondering if it's possible to go through a foundation class or preparatory course in France for a year. I'm considering something cheap as I do not quite have a lot I've already searched for some and they're mostly centered to French language courses now these are not bad but the fees are way more than I can pay. Initially I had this plan of moving to France next year for my undergraduate level (L1) but then I realized that I might not be able to get to B2 level before January. January is the deadline for submitting all the required document and in these documents I'm supposed to include a B2 certificate as that's the minimum level language requirement to get into a French university. I would be able to get to B2 by March a solid 7 months before the new session starts but by then the admission process would be over. So rather than sitting at home I'd rather spend the year learning there culture and improving my language hence the need for this course. Any information you have might be helpful for my plight as a whole thanks

ReputationRep:
    Look at language schools at French universities like the CIEF of Lyon 2, the IIEF of Strasbourg of the FCP3 of Paris 3, they are usually cheaper that the Alliance Française or any other language school and a good way to improve your French. The only problem is that, if you want to apply to some courses like the Sciences Po's Bachelor as an international student because you will be living in France and therefore not counting as an international student for them since you won't be able to apply through the Campus France scheme (I know, is the stupidest loophole ever). Then, you will have to sit exams like any other French student and that's way more difficult because they use a methodology only used in France and thought the high school level. However, if you just want to enter to a university, it's ok!
    (By the way, I don't know what you want to study, but check the 'double-licences' of Paris 2/Paris 4/Paris 6/Sciences Po, and the Cycle pluridisciplinaire d'études supérieures of PSL, these are nice undergraduate courses, better than a classic university licence but outside of the stupid preparatory classes for Grandes écoles).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.