Turn on thread page Beta

Fancying my flat mate... watch

So it's my 4th week living with my Malaysian flat mate (plus 10 others) and I am attracted to him (for like a week, now?) - probably because I have a tendency to like East Asians. I don't think it's anything deeper than a physical attraction (but physical could be the wrong term - he's not even that attractive) but I really can't carry on internally reacting to him like "damn boy" / "i really want to screw you rn" when he's eating dinner... ahh what do I do!?

ReputationRep:
    LMAO Just go for it, it'll make both of you happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So it's my 4th week living with my Malaysian flat mate (plus 10 others) and I am attracted to him (for like a week, now?) - probably because I have a tendency to like East Asians. I don't think it's anything deeper than a physical attraction (but physical could be the wrong term - he's not even that attractive) but I really can't carry on internally reacting to him like "damn boy" / "i really want to screw you rn" when he's eating dinner... ahh what do I do!?
    Are you white, asian, black?.

ReputationRep:
    There's so many of these threads. The same advice seems to hold true in all cases: don't s**t where you eat.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    There's so many of these threads. The same advice seems to hold true in all cases: don't s**t where you eat.
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean?
    Well, if things go horribly wrong you would still have to see him every day for the foreseeable future.

ReputationRep:
    Just do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Cyclosporin)
    Well, if things go horribly wrong you would still have to see him every day for the foreseeable future.
    I guess but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be on bad terms - it'll just be awkward, for a bit

anyway, I think it's just a physical/sexual desire, so I'm not looking for a long lasting relationship; though, I'm not sure I'd like a one off fling either

guess I better control my hormones but that might be hard if he continues to be suggestive...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Perhaps I'm the odd one out then, I got with a flatmate during Freshers, and we've been together ever since.

OP, up to you. TSR won't hold all the answers.

(Original post by marina666)
    Just do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

think I will

but like

I want him now

ReputationRep:
    think I will

but like

I want him now
    Again, it depends what race are you?.
    If you are of the same race as him maybe there is a bigger chance it will work.
    Of course also it depends on your looks, and how attractive are you.

(Original post by Waspee)
    Again, it depends what race are you?.
    If you are of the same race as him maybe there is a bigger chance it will work.
    Of course also it depends on your looks, and how attractive are you.
    I'm not the same race as him but I do get hit on a lot, so I don't think my looks will be a problem.

I don't know how forward he is with these kind of things (not very, I guess) and I'm shy when it comes to romance, too (I rely on the guy to progress the relationship) so...

it's not a good idea. i ended up liking my housemate and we are still friends but barely

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the same race as him but I do get hit on a lot, so I don't think my looks will be a problem.

I don't know how forward he is with these kind of things (not very, I guess) and I'm shy when it comes to romance, too (I rely on the guy to progress the relationship) so...
    What race are you?.

He's from malaysia, aren't most malaysians Muslim? If so, it's unlikely he'll sleep with you, but I guess it depends on how religious he is.

He's from malaysia, aren't most malaysians Muslim? If so, it's unlikely he'll sleep with you, but I guess it depends on how religious he is.
    he's not Muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Perhaps I'm the odd one out then, I got with a flatmate during Freshers, and we've been together ever since.

OP, up to you. TSR won't hold all the answers.
    me too... 6 years on...

however I still wouldn't advise it... I think had anything gone wrong (and OP doesn't actually want a relationship - there's huge potential for feelings to get hurt on either side there) it would have been a horrible atmosphere in the flat and made it tough for flatmates too.

proposition him. It's the only way forward.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    me too... 6 years on...

however I still wouldn't advise it... I think had anything gone wrong (and OP doesn't actually want a relationship - there's huge potential for feelings to get hurt on either side there) it would have been a horrible atmosphere in the flat and made it tough for flatmates too.
    Yeah, there is the potential for that to occur.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.