sony alpha Watch

karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
sony alph a a7 Does anyone have one off these cameras? They are really expensive but amazing cameras.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
sony alph a a7 Does anyone have one off these cameras? They are really expensive but amazing cameras.
I have an A7 mk II, absolutely love it.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
I have an A7 mk II, absolutely love it.
Did you save up to buy it also where did you get it from? Also how does the viewfinder work would you say it takes exceptional images and can you notice the high megapixels in photos? Also do you ever feel nervous getting it out in public as people might try and rob you. What other cameras do you have. lots of questions lmao
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you save up to buy it also where did you get it from?
No, I sold my old cameras and lenses to cover the cost. I bought it from Jessops.

Also how does the viewfinder work
Not exactly sure what you mean by this?

would you say it takes exceptional images
Yes.

and can you notice the high megapixels in photos?
Megapixels don't really matter. If I had the money I would have chosen the 12MP A7S II over the 24MP A7 II.

Also do you ever feel nervous getting it out in public as people might try and rob you.
No, I've just spent the last six months travelling around Europe for work and took it out with me in every port I visited. In a couple of weeks I'm flying out for my next assignment and will be doing the same, including places like South America. One perk of the A7 series is that they're not instantly recognisable as expensive cameras, unlike big bulky black DSLRs.

What other cameras do you have.
None, I bought the A7 II to replace the multi camera setup I had previously. However I will be buying a waterproof camera for when I get to the Caribbean in January.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
No, I sold my old cameras and lenses to cover the cost. I bought it from Jessops.

Not exactly sure what you mean by this?

Yes.

Megapixels don't really matter. If I had the money I would have chosen the 12MP A7S II over the 24MP A7 II.

No, I've just spent the last six months travelling around Europe for work and took it out with me in every port I visited. In a couple of weeks I'm flying out for my next assignment and will be doing the same, including places like South America. One perk of the A7 series is that they're not instantly recognisable as expensive cameras, unlike big bulky black DSLRs.

None, I bought the A7 II to replace the multi camera setup I had previously. However I will be buying a waterproof camera for when I get to the Caribbean in January.
Well am I right in saying as there is no mirror the viewfinder is electronic so where does it source the image from. Also don't you think Jessops is kind of expensive compared to online. Also are you pleased with the lens selection as there is less to choose from than with a canon or nikon
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well am I right in saying as there is no mirror the viewfinder is electronic so where does it source the image from.
It's like any digital camera, or even phone, where you're seeing a live view of what's coming onto the sensor- an electronic viewfinder is literally a tiny display in the eyepiece.

Also don't you think Jessops is kind of expensive compared to online.
I always shop around for the best price, and at the time I was buying Jessops were the cheapest legitimate option (I could have saved more and bought used or grey market, but an intact warranty was more important to me). In fact as of right now Jessops are still joint cheapest for my particular camera, tied with a lot of other places including Amazon.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/S...II-Camera-Body

Also are you pleased with the lens selection as there is less to choose from than with a canon or nikon
Personally, yes. I spent an entire year challenging myself to shoot entirely with a 35mm prime, it was only a couple of months ago I finally invested in other lenses. The lineup meets my needs and covers most core lens types. The biggest shortcoming to the system is the third party lens support, which hasn't taken off to same degree as CaNikon DSLRs or other mirrorless systems, meaning Sony's own glass comprises the bulk of available native lenses. They're generally excellent lenses, but also generally quite expensive. On the other hand, it's unexceptionally adaptable system by virtue of being mirrorless, so if you don't mind compromising (or losing) autofocus performance you can use all sorts of lenses from other systems with cheap adaptors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads