Turn on thread page Beta

harry potter dead ? watch

ReputationRep:
    how many people here would be happy to c wither harry or one of his two git friends dead b4 the 6th book is released ... ?

im beginnning to get sick of it ... my younger brother keeps going on about it .... jus wanted to know if other ppl hate potter too

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate it, I just really dislike it.
    I tried reading the first book and came to the conclusion it is a simple book for simple people.
    Her style of writing is way too patronising for my likings.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Harry Potter. I don't understand why its so popular :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The films are mildly interesting. Although, I think the only reason they are mildly interesting is because you want to see what all the fuss is about.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another Harry Potter haters thread. Just to let you know that these never last long. They last usually about a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Yet another Harry Potter haters thread. Just to let you know that these never last long. They last usually about a week.
    watever , at least we potter haters are united

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Really? Great, thanks for that bit of trivia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    watever , at least we potter haters are united
    Really, i seriously dount that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    I tried reading the first book and came to the conclusion it is a simple book for simple people.

Wow! You mean..it's a children's booK? Get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    They'd be lucky if it lasted even that long.

ReputationRep:
    You know, if you want a poll that really reflects the views of a lot of people on this issue, try looking at the one on the Ultimate Discussion.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, must mean all the people i saw reading it at cambridge uni are simple! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You should try reading the other books and then make a conclusion. Comparitively, yes, the 1st book is simple, but by the 5th book, the complexity of the plot really is baffling. It is just so involuted that you're bound to find something that interests you in it.Don't go by the films either: they're not a scrap on the actual books.

I'm a big reader, and I can tell you that the Harry Potter series is by no means simple. Many people I know (some of them professors) are addicted to the books;m so I don't think it appeals only to "the simple minded" as you put it.

ReputationRep:
    Im growing less fonder of Harry Potter as the books go on, at present he is annoying me something cronic. He has turned into a little try-hard rebel. Im sorry, but at present, Harry must die...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Im growing less fonder of Harry Potter as the books go on, at present he is annoying me something cronic. He has turned into a little try-hard rebel. Im sorry, but at present, Harry must die...
    hehe so should most teenagers around that age then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    hehe so should most teenagers around that age then
    *Stepford Wife Mode*
    But Harry Potter isnt a Normal teenager! He's a wizard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kid A)
    Wow! You mean..it's a children's booK? Get out.
    Yeah, it is a childrens book. So why do so many non-children read it?

(Original post by firebladez777.5)
    You should try reading the other books and then make a conclusion.
    There would be no point reading the other books if I have not read the first one, and after trying to read the first one I found I do not want to do this.I'll just have to trust your opinion that the subsequent books are better.

(Original post by Masonne)
    yeah, must mean all the people i saw reading it at cambridge uni are simple!
    Maybe they like the simple writing style...I wouldn't know sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    You should try reading the other books and then make a conclusion. Comparitively, yes, the 1st book is simple, but by the 5th book, the complexity of the plot really is baffling. It is just so involuted that you're bound to find something that interests you in it.Don't go by the films either: they're not a scrap on the actual books.

I'm a big reader, and I can tell you that the Harry Potter series is by no means simple. Many people I know (some of them professors) are addicted to the books;m so I don't think it appeals only to "the simple minded" as you put it.

ive read all of em actually , sure theyre gud books ... but they are so damn repetitive , the writer keeps on putting crappy stuff to make the book fatter and longer ... and seriosly , i got kinda sick of the whole fact that when they tried to kill harry so many times he kept on living ....

ReputationRep:
    ive read all of em actually , sure theyre gud books ... but they are so damn repetitive , the writer keeps on putting crappy stuff to make the book fatter and longer ... and seriosly , i got kinda sick of the whole fact that when they tried to kill harry so many times he kept on living ....
    btw , the main reason i hate it is cuz theyre trying to squeeze every little penny they can from this craze , its becum more of a merchandising item than a book , same witht tht wierdo japanese Pokemon .

and then ppl come out with wierd ripoffs off these things like digomon , and this other book ( veyr similiar to potter books ) my 10 year old brother has .

its like jordan and tiger woods , once u start squeezing all the dough u can from their names , they jus started to suck ... at lease tiger woods has , jordan is still cool

ReputationRep:
    and then ppl come out with wierd ripoffs off these things like digomon , and this other book ( veyr similiar to potter books ) my 10 year old brother has .
    I believe that digimon was created before pokemon [Sad, I know!]

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.