Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just thought I'd create a thread for people applying for Economics and Economic History at LSE as there doesn't already seem to be one for this year.
    We can use it to help each other out with the application process and find out when offers are being sent out!

I submitted my application around 2 weeks ago so the only email I've received is confirmation of them having received it. Has anyone else submitted theirs yet?

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 10th of Nov to BSc Econ. and BSc Econ and Economic History. LSE take too long... it's killing me

ReputationRep:
    Onto the part where they compare to cohort and then will say yes or no, said it will take another 4-5 weeks roughly. Anyone else heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Got an email saying I have got another 4 weeks and that I'm still being compared to my cohort, has anyone else heard anything else?

ReputationRep:
    Got the exact same thing, I submitted on Oxbridge deadline day and still haven't heard back. I'm guessing that if you got this email you'll hear back before the march deadline. Not sure what that means in terms of how strong one's application is though. I imagine they get a majority of their applications before the January app deadline.

ReputationRep:
    I think they must of had a lot of applicants for the course so are taking a long time to get through the applications but it would be interesting to know if some people had already got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I saw one person in the other thread for this exact course, but that's it .... although there were a couple for straight economic history

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just got an offer from Economics and Economic History. Anyone else did?

Also, I need to make a pretty tough decision:
    Land Economy at Cambridge vs. Economics and Economic History at LSE. What would you guys recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vat_sal)
    Hey guys, I just got an offer from Economics and Economic History. Anyone else did?

Land Economy at Cambridge vs. Economics and Economic History at LSE. What would you guys recommend?
    What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What subjects are you doing?
    Hey, I'm doing A levels in Economics, Maths, Further Maths, History and AS levels in Physics and English.

ReputationRep:

I also hold an offer for land economy, what college?! I'm a bit stressed now because I haven't heard from this course at LSE yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well best of luck for your LSE decision then! I guess you'll get it in a few days now. So, which one according to you would be the better option?
    (Original post by Sseg97)
    I also hold an offer for land economy, what college?! I'm a bit stressed now because I haven't heard from this course at LSE yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09812dsd)
    Got an email saying I have got another 4 weeks and that I'm still being compared to my cohort, has anyone else heard anything else?
    Same for me and I applied on October 5th.
    It's just a pain now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well best of luck for your LSE decision then! I guess you'll get it in a few days now. So, which one according to you would be the better option?
    I am hoping to firm Cambridge and insure LSE or UCL!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't had an offer yet and I sent my UCAS off in october

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sseg97)
    I am hoping to firm Cambridge and insure LSE or UCL!
    Oh I'm thinking of firming LSE but I'm really not sure. Also, I got in homerton. Which college did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm thinking of firming LSE but I'm really not sure. Also, I got in homerton. Which college did you get in?
    Follow the best course for you! I got trinity hall do you mind me asking what your predictions are?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FHL123)
    Anyone got offers yet?
    been the end of 4 weeks for me but still not had anything, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10sriramans)
    been the end of 4 weeks for me but still not had anything, you?
    No- the wait is killing me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 10, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.