The Student Room Group

Requirements For An Educational Activity Pack/game

Hi there, I am currently an A level student studying A2 Product Design and as a result of my coursework I am designing an Educational Activity Pack/Game for children. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some requirements that should be involved when designing or making an educational game for students. I have chosen to design the Educational Activity Pack/Game for KS1 (year 1 classes, for children between the ages of 5-6), the product will also be aimed at students with learning disabilities.This activity will be used in classrooms by students and teachers. The concept involves the idea of kinaesthetic learning qualifying the functions of organizing, listening, understanding and memorizing. The activity is based on the topic of geography, the product will contain pieces of a world map, students will have the opportunity to construct the pieces together and once completed will have an visual presentation of named continents, the ‘board’ will also have unique shaped slots surrounding each continent. Students will also have to form miniature animals with individual components; for example the ‘make up’ of a lion, involves a mane, four legs, a head, body and tail. Each constructed animal will have a designated slot on the ‘map board’. The activity should teach students continents and the native animals found within those continents . A CD presentation will also be combined for teachers to display on their interactive whiteboard, the CD will have key facts and knowledge about each continent and animal; for example ‘Africa is the second largest continent’. The innovation of my product mainly comes from how all the pieces fit and slot together and also how the packaging of the game will be designed and made, due to storage being a main issue within classrooms. Any other ideas of how and what your educational games would/should include? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending