Turn on thread page Beta

Are SMART targets actually that 'smart'? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I have been thinking about this for a while and felt I should perhaps broaden my horizons with regard to who I discuss this topic with. Each year at school we each have to make 3 SMART targets. I personally hate making these. It makes me limit my aspirations to fit the 'realistic' part of the target setting, yet I know that I can and I am determined to achieve more than that. I have many other reasons, but I was wondering what you guys' take was on it? Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    I think that the basic concept is good. It could certainly be annoying to be told to be 'realistic' when you feel that actually you can do much better if you knuckle down at something. But by the same token, some people find it really helpful to have a target that fells both realistic and very acheivable for them and work better within that kind of framework.
    I think it works well for some and not so well for others, same as anything really..!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.