The Student Room Group

How will I cope with uni

So I'm a first year business and management, and I'm really struggling I have no idea what is going in the lectures I just sit and day dream and even when I do try I get it wrong. Moreover, I have very little background in the subject as I did btec and you don't learn much from it so its even harder.

In my educational life I've just put the bare minimum getting C's in GCSE and the average in my btec course. So I'm really confused as to what I'm doing in one of the top uni's in the U.K.!
Has anyone else felt like this?
Perhaps going to uni was the wrong decision? Then again, I'm sure you're not the only one who feels out of their depth when they start.

What uni are you at?
Reply 2
Original post by A.aaa
So I'm a first year business and management, and I'm really struggling I have no idea what is going in the lectures I just sit and day dream and even when I do try I get it wrong. Moreover, I have very little background in the subject as I did btec and you don't learn much from it so its even harder.

In my educational life I've just put the bare minimum getting C's in GCSE and the average in my btec course. So I'm really confused as to what I'm doing in one of the top uni's in the U.K.!
Has anyone else felt like this?

-Try taking part in the lecture like making notes or drawing diagrams; this may help you focus.
-When studying make it interactive, like flash cards or colorful posters, that way you are engaging with the material.
- read through the slides/notes beforehand so you know what you're unsure of and you can ask those questions when in lectures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending