The Student Room Group

Why would someone think that abortion is not permissible?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Unless you've never ejaculated in your life for reasons other than procreating then you're a massive hypocrite.

I don't think so. The difference between a sperm cell and and embryro is that, if you simply do nothing (don't actively make an effort to kill anything and just live your life as normal), a sperm cell will simply die as a sperm cell in a few days while an embryo will eventually grow into someone like you or me.

Even if we don't differentiate between the two on the basis of "personhood", the point is that with an aborted embryo, we are actively committing an action with the intention that it should die as a result of it, because we wish to prevent its continued existence. The same is not true of a sperm cell.
Original post by Conceited
Abortion exists because its necessary in a wide range of situations and my underlying point is still apparent which is that women should be able to self govern.

In certain circumstances (where the mother's life is in danger) then it's necessary, under any other circumstance can you make a reasonable argument in favour.

Your 'underlying point' is wrong because you're still continuing on this idea that a foetus is a body part rather a living thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending