Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I've just missed my firm choice and got my insurance. However i do not really want to go there IF i could go somewhere better. But from my understanding i dont go into clearing unless i get my insurance to release me.

    So im wondering, is it possible to speak to a Uni, get them to hold a place and then you ask your insurance to release you? Therefore if you dont get anywhere from clearing, then you will still have your insurance place?

    Just asking because i saw a few uni's with my course (one of which i applied and rejected me), which i would really love to go to.

    BTW is it also possible to go through clearing for a deffered place to enter in 2008?

    Many Thanks

    I think it maybe possible, but I don't know how keen the university would be on deffering your place as they're trying to fill up the spaces this year.

    I think that while you hold offers, the universities most probably wont hold places for you and some won't even discuss clearing places with you. However, I think you can decline your insurance, which is probably easier/quicker than asking to be let go.

    Edit: Sorry, Double Post

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.