Turn on thread page Beta

So Londoners, where should i live? Elephant & Castle or Limehouse? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So i'm not a londoner and i'm foreign so i really don't know how the places are.

my and my friends will be young professinonals who just graduated and i'll be starting work in canary wharf area (no it's not banking so i won't get paid tons)

we've been looking for a 3bed place and it's near impossible to find a nice 3 bed place in areas we wanted.
    the best we could find, in terms of niceness of house, price, location (ie to commute) was by elephant castle or limehouse.

the flat in elephant castle is located about 5 min walk south from the tube statino.

the limehouse one is located like a minute away from the DLR station.

for londoners who have knowledge of the areas ,could you please share it?
    where would u consider safer? the south east (E&C) or the east (limehouse)

ReputationRep:
    limehouse is better. elephant and castle is quite dangerous, but then again you have ministry of sound just across.lol.

ReputationRep:
    limehouse

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the others, the Elephant and Castle is not a nice area - it might be in a few years if they get on with the regeneration but for now I'd look somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Canary Wharf? Limehouse, duh.

No idea if it's better or worse than Elephant and Castle, but let's face it, it can't be that much worse for a journey that'll be no changes and barely 10 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Dont know much about limehouse, but i definitely would not reccomend elephant and castle.

ReputationRep:
    Limehouse - no offence to anyone who lives there but E & C is a bit of a ****hole...

ReputationRep:
    Limehouse is closer by a long way, isn't it?

Anyway, E&C is not dangerous at all...I don't live in it but I live a couple of minutes down the road. It's not exactly a beautiful place but it's more central in London. Depends what your priorities are nearer. Don't know anything about limehouse.

ReputationRep:
    Limehouse. Much more convenient to get to Canary Wharf AND much safer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.