The Student Room Group

What does this mean?

Yesterday I had a letter from a college that i have applied to do A levels and it says "congratulations! You have been reserved a place on an A levels course" and it has asked me to go to a personal advice session in two weeks

Can anyone tell me what it means please?

Thank you

Also can i change an A level because I don't want to do maths i want to do sociology instead
Reply 1
Original post by Rachael_745
Yesterday I had a letter from a college that i have applied to do A levels and it says "congratulations! You have been reserved a place on an A levels course" and it has asked me to go to a personal advice session in two weeks

Can anyone tell me what it means please?

Thank you

Also can i change an A level because I don't want to do maths i want to do sociology instead

It means that the college is happy to accept you, and has space for you on the courses you applied for. You can ask them if you would like to change subject, and they'll probably agree, but there may be timetabling issues which means they can't.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
It means that the college is happy to accept you, and has space for you on the courses you applied for. You can ask them if you would like to change subject, and they'll probably agree, but there may be timetabling issues which means they can't.

Thank you!
Its just that im doing chemistry biology and maths but im thinking of changing the maths because im just worried that it's going to be very hard as i know these are very hard A levels. But if they don't let me change its ok,i can just work through them.

Quick Reply

Latest