Turn on thread page Beta

Damn K-POP & K-HipHop is LIT! Dont you agree?? watch

ReputationRep:
    It fascinates how K-pop and k-hip hop have become so successful and enjoyable to watch!!
    Seriosly, they are the refreshment we need in this (unruly) music industry!! If you watched any of their videos , you'll notice the difference in quality, animation performance and you can feel the effort put into by both the camera men and Artists themselves....when all of that works in harmony it results in what we can see today.

I mean I knew about K-Pop before but they've certainly "Evolved" from what I could see last year or 2 years back. They have taken advantage of the most important aspect of youtube videos which is the "visual Aid" and even if the song is not as good the video itself make you to keep watching because is so ENtertaining!

Anyone else agree? I wanna discuss (I'm not some just "fan person", I have to ascertain why I like something before I acknowledge it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7Q93fy1us (my current vibe)

ReputationRep:
    Yes i agree!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rb16)
    Yes i agree!!
    isn't true? They were able to shift the focus from western world(america as it is today) with their own, even though they still promote the western culture?!

ReputationRep:
    Yep Kpop is very lit. That particular video with Jay Park really shows how they'd adapted and captured ,you know, that contemporary vibe you see in western songs now a days , not just with the melody but with the dance moves aswell- which is cool. I think Kpop music videos tend be more flashy and shiny, sometimes very playful and cutesy with more strict choreographed dances. And yes I would agree that the cinematic qualities are very brilliantly done.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not into khiphop as i am with kpop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy55)
    Yep Kpop is very lit. That particular video with Jay Park really shows how they'd adapted and captured ,you know, that contemporary vibe you see in western songs now a days , not just with the melody but with the dance moves aswell- which is cool. I think Kpop music videos tend be more flashy and shiny, sometimes very playful and cutesy with more strict choreographed dances. And yes I would agree that the cinematic qualities are very brilliantly done.
    Couldnt agree anymore, i mean the brought out the most obvious reaction to music which is dancing and being cute and sexy at the same time without excessivly showing women assets... The music itself is explring differnt tones like the western one....i feel ya candy55😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Not into khiphop as i am with kpop
    I like hiphop but now adays there are rappers out there who dont deserve to be called that...just look at the lyrics and their videos.! In the early 2010s it was lit but i mean i sort of expect better from them now....(but they are few who save this situation: bryson, tory lanez,jcole,kendrick and the weeknd now)

K-hiphop may not be real hiphop,and i belive they are still in a "baby faze" but at least they are still able to prononce words in their own language😂

ReputationRep:
    I watched a few K-Pop videos out of curiosity because of all the love it gets, and it just sounded like American/British pop but in a language I didn't understand. I don't really see the big fuss.

I assumed people just love it because they're part of that subculture that is super into anime and eastern culture and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by db10)
    I watched a few K-Pop videos out of curiosity because of all the love it gets, and it just sounded like American/British pop but in a language I didn't understand. I don't really see the big fuss.

I assumed people just love it because they're part of that subculture that is super into anime and eastern culture and all that.
    Just curious what kpop videos have you seen?

I disagree, a lot of people,including myself, are kpop fans but not into anime or not very interested in eastern culture. Personally, the appeal is the music as well as the whole kpop culture itself (variety shows, music awards, dance practises, reality shows etc.).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.