The Student Room Group

UCAS Reply Time Website?

I applied for Computer Science on the 19/10 and I got two offers the following day, now I haven't heard anything since! Part of me wishes I hadn't got the first two offers so quickly...it's making me worry a little!

On a slightly different note I'm a Year 14 student so I have quite a lot of free time to kill...if I set up a website where members can input their uni choices, predicted grades and when they receive an offer do you think anyone would use it?! It would give people a rough idea what offers are been made and how quickly. I'm only doing AS & A2 IT and Core Maths - it's a much more relaxed year this year!

Good luck everyone!

Luke
Original post by LukeJWhit
I applied for Computer Science on the 19/10 and I got two offers the following day, now I haven't heard anything since! Part of me wishes I hadn't got the first two offers so quickly...it's making me worry a little!

On a slightly different note I'm a Year 14 student so I have quite a lot of free time to kill...if I set up a website where members can input their uni choices, predicted grades and when they receive an offer do you think anyone would use it?! It would give people a rough idea what offers are been made and how quickly. I'm only doing AS & A2 IT and Core Maths - it's a much more relaxed year this year!

Good luck everyone!

Luke

Do you mean something like http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect
Yep :embarrassed: it's a bit of a random question but do you know why the courses aren't in alphabetical order?

Hahaha

no idea (but I just spent ages on the drop down looking for comp sci too....:wink:)

@She-Ra might know (or know who to ask to sort it out)
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Hahaha

no idea (but I just spent ages on the drop down looking for comp sci too....:wink:)

@She-Ra might know (or know who to ask to sort it out)

Sorry for asking a stupid question though! I'm ahead in coursework, I already run two other websites that I'm happy with so I'm desperately trying to think of things to do!

It's not even like the degrees are ordered by popularity, unless it's the order of the most popular degrees amongst TSR members?
Sorry for asking a stupid question though! I'm ahead in coursework, I already run two other websites that I'm happy with so I'm desperately trying to think of things to do!

It's not even like the degrees are ordered by popularity, unless it's the order of the most popular degrees amongst TSR members?

I would imagine that some table on the database back end has been resorted at some point and noone realised it would impact the sort order on the drop downs :smile: - the way it has 4 tiers of alphabetical subjects (H-M, C-V, A-S, C-P) makes it look like there's some secondary sort going on behind the scenes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending