Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    An englishman mistakenly thinks that the distances in the table are expressed in miles not kilometres. He thinks that the journey from Brussels to Geneva should take him 10 hours. How much shorter or longer will his journey be. 1mile = 1.6km.
    (Brussels to Geneva = 680km)

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you a bit late to be doing UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    Aren't you a bit late to be doing UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Late? I'm in lower sixth...

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh your just incredibly early :') Dw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the answers 3.75 hrs shorter. He thinks from brussels to geneva is 680 miles he supposedly does this in 10 hours giving a speed of 68mph. In Km/h * by 1.6 giving 108.8 km/h. 680/108.8 gives the time he does it in giving 6.25 hours. Take this from the original 10 giving 3.75 hours. Be careful you can peak to early with ukcat. Where u applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowkey-loki)
    I think the answers 3.75 hrs shorter. He thinks from brussels to geneva is 680 miles he supposedly does this in 10 hours giving a speed of 68mph. In Km/h * by 1.6 giving 108.8 km/h. 680/108.8 gives the time he does it in giving 6.25 hours. Take this from the original 10 giving 3.75 hours. Be careful you can peak to early with ukcat. Where u applying?
    Thank you very much! That was the answer I got to, but the working in the back of the book over complicated a relatively easy question. I have only started practicing questions now and it is extremely boring :/ Not to any uni's that require BMAT and my preferred choices are Kings, Cardiff but haven't put much thought into any other ones. I wish to study dentistry so if you have any advice i would very grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSETANK)
    Thank you very much! That was the answer I got to, but the working in the back of the book over complicated a relatively easy question. I have only started practicing questions now and it is extremely boring :/ Not to any uni's that require BMAT and my preferred choices are Kings, Cardiff but haven't put much thought into any other ones. I wish to study dentistry so if you have any advice i would very grateful
    I applied to medicine so i don't know much about dentistry but as far as UKCAT goes don't freak out and do a lot of questions. All stuff you've no doubt heard before. The questions are painfully boring and getting through them is the second biggest challenge after the timing. The BMAT certainly has more interesting questions or at least in the science section. The General revision order is the UKCAT 1000Q's book and the stuff on the UKCAT website, then closer to the time get something like medifiy or the Kaplan mock bundle 2ish weeks before the exam. Cramming really doesn't help. People who book earlier do better and on SJT its more likely to be one of the extremes (to the far side of either end of an argument). Starting this early you're going to be fine but good luck any way.

ReputationRep:
    Id focus on your academic for now though, you don't want to run out of resources. I just crammed two days before for the whole thing and still got over 700 so don't sweat it just yet :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.