Turn on thread page Beta

Driving through bus lane, can you get points? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was using my Satnav earlier, told me to turn right and as soon as I did I realised I ended up in a bus lane :emo:

I know you can get fined if you get caught, but does anyone know if you can receive penalty points? I'll happily take the fine, but couldn't cope with points!

I'd also really appreciate it if only those who actually know the answer replied. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just a fine, no points.

ReputationRep:
    You get a fine.
    The council cant give you points.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a fine, and it's about £30 if you pay it within a week or so. It's unlikely that you'll actually be fined unless the city is known for having bus lane cameras *ahem* Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    It's only a fine, and it's about £30 if you pay it within a week or so. It's unlikely that you'll actually be fined unless the city is known for having bus lane cameras *ahem* Cardiff.
    The irony. That's exactly where I was driving :emo:

I can deal with a fine though, it's points I couldn't cope with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    The irony. That's exactly where I was driving :emo:

I can deal with a fine though, it's points I couldn't cope with!
    There's no points. I've been done twice in Cardiff on bus lanes, once trying to find somewhere to drop off equipment for a gig we were playing, and once when I was at in my work van doing drops to city centre shops.

If you have been done they'll send you a letter through the post with a photo of your car in the bus lane and a link you can follow to watch the incriminating video

Where in Cardiff was it? It's not every bus lane, the cameras are pretty much just in the city centre and they're fairly easy to spot. I think there are maps with all the locations if you do a bit of Googling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I was using my Satnav earlier, told me to turn right and as soon as I did I realised I ended up in a bus lane :emo:

I know you can get fined if you get caught, but does anyone know if you can receive penalty points? I'll happily take the fine, but couldn't cope with points!

I'd also really appreciate it if only those who actually know the answer replied. Thanks
    As everyone else has said, it's a fine but no points Inadvertently turning into a bus lane is such an easy thing to do, isn't it - I'm sure the cameras are there as a cash cow.

ReputationRep:
    Just done the same thing following a sat nav. It was Kirklees so do not yet know whether to expect a fine or not. I will not be too pleased as it was not obvious it was a bus lane until it was too late.Pamela

ReputationRep:
    From TFL:

Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)

Using a bus lane when you are not permitted can delay buses and cause congestion. We may issue a PCN if you drive in a bus lane.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.