The Student Room Group

Trump has won presidental election - he has the secert army

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckfeister
Crazy views you got there, he won't do barely any of that.

So he's not going to repeal Obamacare? He's not on record denying climate change on numerous occasions?
Obamacare will be repealed, but new system will come in. Climate change policies won't pass the senate, it isn't a dictarship in USA look at the stuff they rejected Obama on bringing in, they'll do with greater majority on Trump.
Obamacare will be repealed, but new system will come in

The new system is quite literally to allow I surfers to sell across state lines and hope it drives the price down. This might save money for the middle class but it's extremely likely to leave the millions of Americans living below the poverty line without a viable option.

Climate change policies won't pass the senate, it isn't a dictarship in USA look at the stuff they rejected Obama on bringing in, they'll do with greater majority on Trump.

Sorry, what? I don't know if you've paid any attention to American politics in the last few years, but the reason they've been so obstructionist is because they've been a Republican majority under a Democrat president and were just blocking literally anything they could. They are now a Republican majority under a Republican president, they agree with each other now and climate change denial is the dominant view in the GOP's leadership. They're going to be enabling Trump as enthusiastically as they obstructed Obama, and Trump has made it clear that environmental reform (aka undoing the environmental reform pursued under Democratic leadership) is a very large priority for him.
It won't happen, I'm not going to bookmark the thread till he changes his mind, but keep your super liberal fantasy to yourself.
It won't happen, I'm not going to bookmark the thread till he changes his mind, but keep your super liberal fantasy to yourself.

It's quite amusing that you're calling what I'm saying a liberal fantasy when you've literally just said you think Trump is going to face an constructivist Congress just like Obama.

These are not fantasies, these are the self explanatory outcomes of the positions Trump has campaigned on. It is fact Trump will repeal Obamacare and has no intentions to introduce a system that would support the poorest members of society. It is fact that Trump denies climate change, it is fact that he has appointed an extremely vocal climate change denier to oversee the transition of the Environmental Protection Agency, it is fact that Trump would introduce legislation to allow and even encourage the expansion of the fossik fuel industry. It is a fact that these are positions held by the overwhelming majority of the GOP leadership, and it is a fact that they control the majorities needed to aid Trump in implementing these plans.

I'd love to know specifically which of those statements you disagree with.
Like I have said before, the new one will cover for all. He won't pass that bill, now you wonder why people are quiet when on Trump's side.
Like I have said before, the new one will cover for all.

Like I've said several times now, there is no "new one". Trump is literally just going to let the market run itself and hope things work out.

He won't pass that bill,

Why not?

now you wonder why people are quiet when on Trump's side.

Because his ideas fall apart under the first sign of scrutiny?
No because Clinton side just repeats the same old thing and it gets so tiring to even read, nevermind replying.
Watch what trump will be like, he loves people in general. Its a harsh world out there, I'm sure he isn't that bad.
No because Clinton side just repeats the same old thing and it gets so tiring to even read, nevermind replying.
Watch what trump will be like, he loves people in general. Its a harsh world out there, I'm sure he isn't that bad.

Stop dodging the question- why will Trump not introduce anti-environmental legislation?
Read my past answers, SENATE WON'T PASS IT, how many more times do I have to say.
Read my past answers, SENATE WON'T PASS IT, how many more times do I have to say.

At least one more time, but with some logic behind it. Why won't senate pass anti-environmental legislation?
You seem to draw a picture of all republicans being anti-LGBT, anti-climate change etc..., go and look at the figures, and see WHY they oppose.
A very relatively accurate prediction, kudos.
You seem to draw a picture of all republicans being anti-LGBT, anti-climate change etc..., go and look at the figures, and see WHY they oppose.

No, I'm saying the majority of leadership Republicans are anti climate-change, which is true. I did look at the numbers, they're 59% in the House and 70% in the senate, to be precise.

https://thinkprogress.org/most-americans-disagree-with-their-congressional-representative-on-climate-change-95dc0eee7b8f#.ybi1141qh

Again, I'm not saying controversial things here. It's widely known that there is a deep rooted anti-climate sentiment within the higher levels of the GOP. The majority will support Trump right out the gate and the rest will either get whipped into voting along the party line or simply not want to commit political suicide by voting against the new President Elect. If you're actually surprised by this then I don't think you have a proper grasp on how the American political system actually works.
(edited 7 years ago)
Always got to like the biased views by left wingers.
76% of REPUBLICANS think climate change isn't true... thats 42% of what the media says the number is for house.
There are 2 independent senates, don't forget they swing on Democrat side... one is Bernie Sanders... so the left-wing side counts for 48% so your saying all of 52% of republicans in Senate are anti climate change? No... don't be stupid.

People will always vote against him, even republicans , his going to need democrats support in the future watch how it goes.
(edited 7 years ago)
People will always vote against him, even republicans

Yep, you don't understand how the American political system works. Glad we cleared that up, I know not to waste any more time replying now :yy:
kk, good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDM5EWieJzg

> not removing equal marriage
> not repealing all of obama care

whats the other crap you said?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending