Turn on thread page Beta

People are scum watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last night i went to a nightclub in town that i normally wouldnt go to as it isnt my thing but everyone was goin so we went and i started to have a good time on the dancefloor. Then the foam started n it got really crowded, and then i looked down and my bad strap had snapped and my bag was gone, at this point i was like argh and went to a bouncer and he was like nothing i can do youll have to wait til end of the night (which is 4am...) so i walked back to where i lost it and it was just on the side all open and someone had nicked my phone and my purse, everything else was still in my bag. I asked the dj to do a shoutout incase anyone had found them. Nope. After crying a lot and getting a taxi home (parents paid for) i found that my boyfriend had been trying to ring all night and after ringing and ringing loads of times, it then rang once and went to answer phone and then went straight to answer phone everytime after that, the scum had taken my sim card out to use the phone as thier own.
    Im so annoyed because all my photos of my nephew growing up were on there, there were photos from our day out to western super mare during the week and just memories that cant be replaced, and my purse had photos of me going back as far as like 6 years... i cant believe that there are people about that would just steal all this.
    I have rang the police but theres nothin they can do and my phone company want me to pay £50 to get a new phone and my driving licence want another £30 for a new card and its just stupid that im having to fork out all this money for some horrible persons doin. I had already lost £50 that was in my purse, Im just sooooo ****ing annoyed and upset

If the scum that did this see this post i hope you die and rot in hell, i really hope you get murdered you scum.

Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a case of bad luck. Bad **** happens to good people, it's just how this ****ed up world works. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, there's one born every minute.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a call from the nightclub, they said theyve found my purse, nothin in it obviously... apart from my driving license... how odd.

ReputationRep:
    It was gonna happen eventually if you're not very careful anyway. You gotta look out for that stuff. Besides it's not gonna ruin your life. If you wanna make things even though, you can't get back at the fella who nicked it. What you can do is get back at the world. Go rob somewhere, or someone.

Or if you're honest then you'll just have to suck it up. Because that's how honest people get along. Sorry to hear it anyway sister, bad vibes in a club like that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Moral of the story. Back up your photos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    If the scum that did this see this post i hope you die and rot in hell, i really hope you get murdered you scum.
    Ahhh hypocrisy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you could block the phone easily, and even with a new sim card the phone wonm't work. Report it to the police, sometimes its easier to get card replacements etc with police reports...

Extreme bad luck unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    unlucky : ( well at least you got your driving licence back n_n

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    you could block the phone easily, and even with a new sim card the phone wonm't work. Report it to the police, sometimes its easier to get card replacements etc with police reports...

Extreme bad luck unfortunately.
    yeah rang police but they were just like 'we've made a note of it'... wasnt much they could do. Rang phone company too, so sims blocked.

And to the one who said bout backin up photos, i do regually but seeing as we only went to western 3 days ago i didnt update them yet.

ReputationRep:
    I get that I'd be really pissed off if this happened to me, but I really don't understand why people complain about their precious photos being stolen along with a mobile phone.

If they were that precious, they'd have been uploaded and printed pretty sharpish. I have loads of photos on my phone, but if they go, they go. I make sure important ones get backed up flipping everywhere.

There was a story on the local news about a woman whose phone was stolen from a nightclub which had the only photos of her recently deceased baby son on it. I didn't understand why they hadn't been printed off in the few months between.

Besides, what's the point of important photographs if you only ever plan to view them on a one and a half inch square screen?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thats weird - they should have let you go in to make a statement or something - or give you the choice of getting a police report number.

Its very unfortunate - its one reason i don't carry much with me when i go clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Moral of the story. Back up your photos.
    No, the moral is to keep your wallet and phone in your pocket where its less likely that it will get nicked.

ReputationRep:
    nah the moral is not to wear a skirt ... first time ever i didnt wear jeans (i keep phone and money in my pockets normally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    nah the moral is not to wear a skirt ... first time ever i didnt wear jeans (i keep phone and money in my pockets normally)
    Well if girls never wear skirts, how will we ever get to look at their legs :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    learn from the past... I'm always scared stuff is more likely to go missing in my pockets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    No, the moral is to keep your wallet and phone in your pocket where its less likely that it will get nicked.
    Yeah well I'm sure if the girl had a wallet or a pocket then shed do just that. Why don't we just not go out at all and live in a locked vault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well if girls never wear skirts, how will we ever get to look at their legs :p:
    Through the hole in the toilet wall. Like any self respecting man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Yeah well I'm sure if the girl had a wallet or a pocket then shed do just that. Why don't we just not go out at all and live in a locked vault?
    Well this is actually another reason why I never go to nightclubs (that and my mates agree that its not really our scene).

We normally just go to our local pub which is a lot quiter and the odds of your money getting nicked are slim.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like my grandma.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.