Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm 16 studying in a sixth form from Monday to Friday. I was wondering if these work hours are suitable for my age

Wednesday: 18:00 - 22:00
    Thursday: 18:00 - 22:00
    Friday: 16:00 - 20:00

ReputationRep:
    The recommendation I got was not to work more than nine hours a week, and to limit them as much as possible to the weekend. Since your shifts are kind of back to back, it might get really stressful, but then you've always got the weekend afterwards to sort yourself out! It depends on what you're used to, and also if you have free periods during your school day. It's difficult, but doable.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's fine as long as you keep yourself dedicated to your A Levels. Right now I'm working and on an access course, but I'm 21 and am used to working up to 50 hours so it's easier to manage I guess but even I'm struggling sometimes to keep up with both. So just make sure you watch yourself and don't let yourself get behind or it'll pile up very very quickly.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jakirul)
    Hi I'm 16 studying in a sixth form from Monday to Friday. I was wondering if these work hours are suitable for my age

Wednesday: 18:00 - 22:00
    Thursday: 18:00 - 22:00
    Friday: 16:00 - 20:00
    Those hours sound fine. They should be perfectly doable alongside a-levels.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hagrid'sWand)
    The recommendation I got was not to work more than nine hours a week, and to limit them as much as possible to the weekend. Since your shifts are kind of back to back, it might get really stressful, but then you've always got the weekend afterwards to sort yourself out! It depends on what you're used to, and also if you have free periods during your school day. It's difficult, but doable.
    I think you will find its perfectly doable as long as you are organised. Its not as difficult as you make out.
    I worked 15-20 hours during my a-levels.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.