Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,
    I am applying for Postgrad MSc Diagnostic Radiography
    (Pre-Registration) at QMU and am wondering if anyone has been through the application process on here?
    How competitive is the course? I have the grades and the work experience, currently work in research and am DYING to study this course.
    Also, being Scottish, funding is looking scarce as it is my second degree, how have people funded their post grad study?

Any help/advice would be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaHall21)
    Hi All,
    I am applying for Postgrad MSc Diagnostic Radiography
    (Pre-Registration) at QMU and am wondering if anyone has been through the application process on here?
    How competitive is the course? I have the grades and the work experience, currently work in research and am DYING to study this course.
    Also, being Scottish, funding is looking scarce as it is my second degree, how have people funded their post grad study?

Any help/advice would be amazing!
    Hey!

I really wanted to apply for this course, but no funding sadly :'(

BUT I did work with several people on my clinical placements who did this course and they said 1. not too competitive, 2. you need personal statement and references and evidence of clinical work experience 3. they funded mostly through previous work and parents, didn't hear about any loans.

I'm now applying to Derby because it does offer some NHS funding (I'm english though don't know how that works for you?), and to Liverpool and Lancaster for the undergraduate courses. Would be great to know how you get on with your application, maybe we'll end up int he same place! Can I ask what your undergrad was in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb293)
    Hey!

I really wanted to apply for this course, but no funding sadly :'(

BUT I did work with several people on my clinical placements who did this course and they said 1. not too competitive, 2. you need personal statement and references and evidence of clinical work experience 3. they funded mostly through previous work and parents, didn't hear about any loans.

I'm now applying to Derby because it does offer some NHS funding (I'm english though don't know how that works for you?), and to Liverpool and Lancaster for the undergraduate courses. Would be great to know how you get on with your application, maybe we'll end up int he same place! Can I ask what your undergrad was in?

yeh i cant seem to find post grad funding!! only time i have wished i wasnt scottish

I have applied for QMU undergraduate and Post Graduate and to GCU also. Trying to stay close to home!

My Undergrad is BSc Hons Medical Scienecs. How did your application go!?

I have applied

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wandered if you'd heard anything yet? I've applied for the postgrad radiotherapy and oncology course and I add anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmr90)
    Hi just wandered if you'd heard anything yet? I've applied for the postgrad radiotherapy and oncology course and I add anything yet
    Heeey! Nothing as of yet! Not even a confirmation of application email or anything! Did you get anything like that?

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't. I just read on the website that you should here back within 4 weeks

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied to edinburgh as i don't think i will be able to fund it, still trying hope you get into QMU!! Have you figured out funding?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.