Turn on thread page Beta

Gaming during a levels watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am taking biology, chemistry and physics and currently I'm not sure if I should play games (League of Legends) from time to time e.g. weekends and half terms. Will I have time to do this?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Gian ilagan)
    Hi I am taking biology, chemistry and physics and currently I'm not sure if I should play games (League of Legends) from time to time e.g. weekends and half terms. Will I have time to do this?
    If you haven't played League of Legends before... I would suggest not starting it because a lot of people get extremely addicted to it.

ReputationRep:
    I guess so. LoL is a really time consuming game but as long as you can control yourself and time manage it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    If you haven't played League of Legends before... I would suggest not starting it because a lot of people get extremely addicted to it.
    I have played lol for quite a while now
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I have played lol for quite a while now
    you'll probs be fine then

ReputationRep:
    Do your homework the day it is set

ReputationRep:
    "Will I have time to do things I enjoy in my free time?" jesus dude

ReputationRep:
    It depends what kind of person you are and how disciplined you are.

Ideally you could get home, play games for 40 minutes to unwind and then do homework, have dinner/ shower, maybe do some more homework and then maybe game a bit before bed. The trick is to make sure that you allocate yourself a timetable for the evening and stick to it. I suggest playing as soon as you get home because I always find I am really unproductive when I get in so I need a break, but this only works if you stick to your break!

Good luck!

Alternatively don't game at all in evenings/ at weekends/ half term until you have done the work you wanted to do that day. This works really well for some people.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about prioritising. Do this and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh m8 its fine I was banging Runescape the days before my exams & it made me do better
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I play lol during the weekends. you just need discipline and not let it slide into addiction

ReputationRep:
    dont you mean the night before?

(Original post by solC)
    Yeh m8 its fine I was banging Runescape the days before my exams & it made me do better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    dont you mean the night before?
    Fun times
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by solC)
    Is that how you became a mathematician?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    If you have free time that's perfectly fine just don't let it become an addiction.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you should. Everyone needs a break from time and time so they don't crash and burn or become anti social because of the amount of studying they're trying to keep up with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illimitable)
    Is that how you became a mathematician?
    Yup
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by solC)
    Yup
    I'm going to become an addict then!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.