The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hmm depends where you go clubswise, whether you go places you have to pay to get in and stuff.
I usually spend roughly between £10 and £15 but I'm a lightweight and it doesn't take a lot to get me drunk.
If you need more drink I'd say between £20 and £30.
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
And you could always start having a few before you go out which saves some money!
Reply 3
Yeah I always drink before I go out.. so I only usually spend about £10/15 on a night out.. £5 usually goes on paying to get in somewhere.

Last year I was spending about £100 a week.. but £20 was on driving lessons, £20ish on food.. rest on going out about 4/5 nights sometimes
Reply 4
Ahh yeh drinking before sounds like a good idea. I must bring a mass stash of booze with me!

I guess as you say depends how much you go out, my logic was that hopefully it's cheaper than what I am used to in London, at least with drinks anyway! But I hasn't accounted for the entrance fees.

Ooo does anyone know how much one has to spend on books..for an Arts student.., and do we only find out what books we need when we get there?

Sorry about all the questions!
Reply 5
Well per night £25-30 on alcohol (I don't usually go out every night) £5 food + cab.

Best bet is to check the university deparment page for the reading list. Or check out booksofcourse.
Reply 6
I live in Liverpool and I always spend £50 plus on a night out, thats usually of a Friday/Saturday though in a club like garlands or gbar where there are no drink promotions. gbar does have promotions on spirits of the thursday though!
Jaysus anything is better than what I spend now. A night out in Dublin I usually spend about €100-€120.

The last time I was in L'pool i spent £30 and I drink a lot! It was one of the major factors in my movin to Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 8
i norm spend 50 plus on a nite out in liverpool although think i ll resort to drinking before i go out at uni coz 50 quid a few nites a week aint gona happen
andy_quinn
i norm spend 50 plus on a nite out in liverpool although think i ll resort to drinking before i go out at uni coz 50 quid a few nites a week aint gona happen

I would say about £30 including the drink I drink before going out.
Reply 10
Thank god im not drinking loads before I get there...hopefully it'll be easier and cheaper for me for a bit! I usually spend £50-£80 on a weekend night in Stockport/Manchester
How do people spend £50+? A night out in Durham costs me like £13-20 depending on where we go. Liverpool isn't that far away, yet the prices seem much higher.
Reply 12
Yeah, i spend about 30 quid on a night out including getting in, drinks and taxi. But then again I don't go to studenty places just concert sq or matthew st
I'm hoping I won't need taxis since I'll be living in Philharmonic, which is in the city centre.
Reply 14
i went out to lpool last night spent £15 and £5 of that was to pay getting into the Krazyhouse LOVE that place
me and my mates usually go to Cava before as they have tequila shots in a variety of flavours for £1....still tastes like ass tho lol
i dont really drink tho, so i wouldnt go by £15, but yeh always drink before you go out, and then just top yourself up when out :smile:
Anyone moving into North Western Halls?
x
I tried the drinking before going out thing, but I didn't seem to end up drinking less when out. My dad was right with that one.
Reply 16
i take out on a night out about £30
but i usually dont spend it all. if you go the right places you can have a good cheap night out. especially on student nights eg wednesdays

on saturdays (well last night)
i started in baa bars which is free to get in then £1 shots (all wierd ones)
and then went to the krazyhouse which is a fiver to get in then bottles are £1.90 and does all nighters every month.:biggrin:
God...I HATE the krazyhouse!! I went there at the start of the year because of all the recommendations on TSR and I have never been in such a horrible place!! I hated everything about it esp the loos! Oh dear god, I understand toilets in club are gross but these were unbelieveable!! No loo roll (as in most places), tampons all over the floors, piss and **** on the floor- it was disgusting! Will never be back there again!! The places we went to mostly were Bumper, Korova (but that's expensive!), Barfly, Garlands and Heebie Jeebies. I also go to Newz bar (seen a few celebs there) but not very often as it's expensive.
Reply 18
KinkayGema
God...I HATE the krazyhouse!! I went there at the start of the year because of all the recommendations on TSR and I have never been in such a horrible place!! I hated everything about it esp the loos! Oh dear god, I understand toilets in club are gross but these were unbelieveable!! No loo roll (as in most places), tampons all over the floors, piss and **** on the floor- it was disgusting! Will never be back there again!! The places we went to mostly were Bumper, Korova (but that's expensive!), Barfly, Garlands and Heebie Jeebies. I also go to Newz bar (seen a few celebs there) but not very often as it's expensive.

Eurgh, remind me not to go there. Sounds rank as ****.
No, don't not go because of my review. I just personally hate it but a lot of people love it. Its like marmite! lol. You may love it.

Latest

Trending

Trending