Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the greatest when it comes to science, however I want to tackle that and become the greatest; I'm in year 11 so I'm gonna have to work hard I presume.

But is anyone here willing to help me with some good sites to use or any revision tips? I got a very rubbish grade for my core exam in science (we had to the gcse in year 10 for some reason) (GRADE: E) I'm willing to actually work my a** off to get into higher and get atleast a B or an A, even A* if so.

Help!

ReputationRep:
    My no.1 tip - Learn and memorise your definitions.

What is a mole?
    What is the SI unit of pressure?
    What is DNA?
    What is osmosis?

etc. It makes things so much easier if you've committed the core concepts to memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    My no.1 tip - Learn and memorise your definitions.

What is a mole?
    What is the SI unit of pressure?
    What is DNA?
    What is osmosis?

etc. It makes things so much easier if you've committed the core concepts to memory.
    Alright, thank you very much for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    Make notes on cards such as definitions and abbreviations. Read them over and over again until you remember them.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel! I have my mocks in 2 weeks and I was meant to spend my whole half term revising for them.. its Friday and I haven't done much at all.. opps... I have found that freesciencelessons on youtube has really helped me. Its only like 4 minute videos and I make notes along side it. I find that I learn a lot more through that than the actual lessons I get taught. I get bored really easily so as they are around 3-4 minutes it helps a lot. I have also recently found this app that's called gojimo which has like all gcse subjects on. It does quizzes on the whole units,so say c2, and helps me identify my strengths and weaknesses.

I had to do my exams in yr 10 as well and then the rest in yr11 so it's not unusual.

My advice would be to concentrate in class, I know this is always said but it really helps with the sciences so you can get important little details that the textbooks might have overlooked and improve your general understanding of the content.

You can then test your understanding by doing EVERY past paper available to really practise and it's also a good way to see which topics you need to go back and revise from if you don't know how to answer them.

If you still don't understand something, ask your teachers, they're there to help you so don't feel like you can't ask them a question on a paper you did outside of lesson time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, got it guys. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theawesome245)
    Yeah, got it guys. Thanks.
    You want A and A*, Buy MYGCSESCIENCE it is online videos which help alot trust me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.