Aston University vs Queen Mary vs Royal Holloway

Watch
VasDev
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm applying for Computer Science, what is the reputation for these universities?
rjbull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Following
VasDev
Rep:
?
Bump
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally I would say a degree from Royal Holloway/Queen Mary would be looked at more favourably than one from Aston. I don't know about Queen Mary but Royal Holloway have very good contacts with potential employers.

Have you been to visit any of these universities as all 3 of these have different characteristics so you may not get the right vibe at one or more of them. Also, if you want to expand your job prospects have you considered a year in industry?

If money is an issue, considering you will have to find private accommodation for your second year, then Queen Mary would not be a good choice.
thatapanydude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VasDev)
I'm applying for Computer Science, what is the reputation for these universities?
Queen Mary any day of the week. Part of the Russel group, and the UoL. Being in London will give you a lot more opportunists regarding jobs in CompSci. Even though QM isnt in the same league as LSE, UCL, Imperial and KCL, just being part of the UoL will give you more prestige especially if your looking for jobs here and abroad.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hey!

We’re lucky to be part of the University of London whilst also being located close to ‘England’s Silicon Valley’ in the M4 corridor, meaning our Computer Science students have industry links at their fingertips. You’ll probably also be interested to hear that our student satisfaction rate is at 91% (NSS). Let me know if you have any more specific questions about our Computer Science course.

Summer
VasDev
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hey!

We’re lucky to be part of the University of London whilst also being located close to ‘England’s Silicon Valley’ in the M4 corridor, meaning our Computer Science students have industry links at their fingertips. You’ll probably also be interested to hear that our student satisfaction rate is at 91% (NSS). Let me know if you have any more specific questions about our Computer Science course.

Summer
What makes you different from Queen Mary? What will you offer me that they cant?
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What makes you different from Queen Mary? What will you offer me that they cant?
Hi!

There are loads of exciting opportunities our students can take advantage of, however we feel that our Department of Computer Science is most set apart because:

• We offer one of only two Integrated Masters (MSci) in Cybersecurity that have been certified by GCHQ
  • We offer advanced modules in Artificial Intelligence such as Deep Learning, used by Google's DeepMind
  • The British Computer Society has considered our Software Engineering to be ‘Best Practice'
  • We offer an Undergraduate Research Opportunities bursary scheme through which our students can work in leading research projects
  • We run a software company that gives students experience as developers in real software projects

Summer
atsushimurasak
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
seems legit aha

isn't that a coincidence
am also thinking of which university i should chose to do computer science

the choices however in my case are......
Royal Holloway
Queen Mary
Brunel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (104)
13.33%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.9%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.97%

Watched Threads