Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my History module 1 again. I got AAE which brought it down to a C so that needs too be sorted so I can get an A overall.

I was one UMS off an A in Psychology so i'll resit my lowest B 70/100 and get an A overall.

I was 9 UMS off an A in Politics I got AAC so will resit the C in January to get an A hopefully.

Oh...then there is chemistry which I got a U in so i don't know what is happening there, I was going to take it for A2 but now I have to have a meeting with my head of 6thform to see what i'm going to do

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting English Language Module 1 and English Literature Module 1 both in the hope of getting my overall grades up to B's. I was 10 UMS off a B in English Language and 9 UMS off a B in English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to resit Psychology Unit 1. I got a C in that somehow and I need to gain 12 UMS to have an A overall, so hopefully I can manage that.
    I'll also resit the Physical Geography module. I got a D in that and As in the other two modules, so if I can get 92/120 next time that's an A overall, that's going to be pretty hard but any boost is great.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be resitting chemistry unit two and maybe the open book paper.
    And French unit 1 and 2 where I got E and D, compared to an A in theoral exam. I really was not expect to do so badly there.

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna resit chemistry unit one to push my mark up to a B.. but can someone answer a question for me? I was really close to a B in chemistry, but I don't want to do it for A-level. If I don't want to do it for A-level, will they still let me re-sit one AS paper (January) to bump up my AS grade anyway? I know ill have to revise in my own time and stuff, but I think I can do it

ReputationRep:
    I'm resiting M1 because i got a C in it I got high As in C1 and C2 though so i still got an overall A in maths thank god.

I'm also going to resit chemistry (salters) module 2 (natural resources). I got an A but only just so if i prepare for it properly this time and actually do a past paper or two then i should get a high A.

ReputationRep:
    resitting 1 philosophy mod, 4 marks from A
    1 eng lit mod,6 marks from A
    1 psyc mod- 4 marks from B
    1 theatre mod-11 marks from A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_vio)
    Im gonna resit chemistry unit one to push my mark up to a B.. but can someone answer a question for me? I was really close to a B in chemistry, but I don't want to do it for A-level. If I don't want to do it for A-level, will they still let me re-sit one AS paper (January) to bump up my AS grade anyway? I know ill have to revise in my own time and stuff, but I think I can do it
    Yes, but if your college cashed the AS level in, you will have to decline your grade first to resit a paper.
    I'm resitting: Chemistry mod 1 (low A) and 2 (C).
    Physics mod 2 (B) and if you don't have to redo the coursework/practical exam in order to retake mod 3 i will retake both mod 3s aswell, tho i think it probably was the cw/pe where i lost most of the marks do i don't know if it will be much help.

ReputationRep:
    Both english lit exams.. The Bristish history exam (it was only 78 ums i think.. a B anyway, so I can pick up a good few marks there).. I got an A overall though. And I might resit one psychology exam, although I don't need to.

I'm undecided whether I'm going to resit any of my maths exams.. I'm not taking it to A2.. and I've failed so spectacularly I'd have to resit every exam.. Which is a lot of effort, especially as I'd have to teach myself everything.. when I could just pretend I never did Maths.. as I'm taking an extra as this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm restting the HHD module in biology as well as C1 and S1 in maths. I am happy withmy grades for all my subjects, but i guess retaking them will make it easier to get a high grade at the end of the A2 year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyatthegym)
    I'm undecided whether I'm going to resit any of my maths exams.. I'm not taking it to A2.. and I've failed so spectacularly I'd have to resit every exam.. Which is a lot of effort, especially as I'd have to teach myself everything.. when I could just pretend I never did Maths.. as I'm taking an extra as this year.
    I got a D in biology, it was 5 marks from a C and I'm just going to leave in as if I actually wanted to do well in a biology exam it would take more time than any of the subjects I'm carrying on as there's so much to remember. I'll have 4 A-levels anyway, so I'm hoping uni's won't care to much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_vio)
    thats wat i think im gonna do...got a U in chemistry, coz i didnt study at all for it...so ill get a C atleast by ressiting, and drop it for As, and do Further maths instead, coz am expecting an A in my Maths for A2 ...

ReputationRep:
    I've got a huge list of resits...:
    Chem module 3 and mod 2
    Physics Module 2... and maybe mod 3 if i dont have to do the practical again...
    Maths C2...

Hopefully i can push up my physics and maths to an A, and push my chem up to a C atleast....
    then ill just drop my chem for A2 and take up further maths instead...

ReputationRep:
    i'm resitting the geographical investigation because i got a C, luckily i still got an A overall but i want as many UMS marks as possible from AS.

also resitting my German reading/listening, got a C in that too, again it didn't change my overall grade but only just scraped an A and i'm expecting A2 to be quite a bit harder.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully resitting the whole of year 12, but with different subjects this time. Not sure what i'm going to do if they don't let me back in, but the person I spoke to yesterday said they should do.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be resitting:
    French reading/listening and writing. Hopefully i can get the 8 marks i need to get a B or maybe the 40 for an A :P
    Geography Modules 1 and 2, jst need an improvement of 14 marks on any paper to get my A ;D

Got 3U's in Maths but definately not resitting and got an A in English so thats sorted :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm Resiting A module in history i got a D in, and considering resiting the oine i got a B in also.

Going to resbmit one peice of CW and resit an exam in double business which should bring me to AAA/ABB

ReputationRep:
    I'll be resitting loads :

* chemistry (C) - C1, C2 and maybe C3 as well.

*biology (D) - structured questions paper.

*maths (B) - C2 and M1

OMG.

I'm wishing them to become at least ABB by next year.
    I'll be studying really really REALLY hard.
    The hardest I've ever studied in my lifee.
    ...then maybe I'll make it through!

ReputationRep:
    govt. & politics 2 (i got an A overall but 1 mark off a B in this paper so might as well redo it to push up my ums as i know i can do better just messed up majorly)
    italian 2 & 3.
    all with edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting module 2 in English lang and Lit AQA Spec B...i got a "U" in it which i am really gutted about because i did'nt expect it i expected at least a C...but yeh i got an overall grade "D" on it..as i got a "c" in unit 1 and a "B" in unit 3...
    Im hoping to get atleast a C this time round to make my overall grade a "C" or even a "B"..i'd be extatic if i get a B though overall..but it means i have to work especially hard..along with my A2's in Biology,Physics,and chemistry...I can say one thing though English has prooven to be NOT my subject..i'm just not good at it..from an A* at GCSE to a D at AS level :eek:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.