Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting all three of my Environmental Science modules...I got a C and was predicted an A! I've even got A's on all practice exams and mocks throughout the year! Yikes!

Might also resit module three for Philosophy...I was predicted a B and got a C (although I only needed an extra 2 UMS points for a B! How annoying!

I'll be working VERY hard next year...3 A2 subjects, 1 AS subject and 4 resits?! Not sure if I can do it! But I'll try!

Im re-taking:

OCR BIO TRANSPORT
    OCR BIO HEALTH + DISEASE (maybe??)
    OCR FOUNDATION CHEMISTRY

AS grades:

Maths: A (aba)
    Biology: B (acb)......want (aba)
    Chemistry: B (cbb)..want (bbb)
    Geography: B (bca)

Phy2.
    Chm2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting module 2 in Chemistry (b).

EDIT: I'm only resitting one because I resat around 7 of my Jan modules in June lol.

ReputationRep:
    Im resitting 9 in jan.. unit 1-3 chem, psycho unit 3 bio unit 1-3.. i just dnt know what happened..

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to resit a couple of modules in all of my subjects actually (except for computing which I am dropping) just because my As are pretty low and I want to maximise my chances of getting an A at A2. Also, C3+C4 because I got a B and C in them respectively and I would like to apply to Warwick which requires an A in C1-C4.

ReputationRep:
    Im retaking Maths Core 2.
    I got B (Core 1), B (Statistics 1) and..... E (Core 2) It looks so out of place!
    Also retaking Physics SH1 or SH2 because I was only 8 UMS away from a B overall!

ReputationRep:
    Possibly my Bio cwrk but i'll see, my teachers reckon i'll get more out of resitting module 1 instead.

Probably resit general studies cultural and scientific in january

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting both of my French papers from this year (despite getting As in them anyways, just so I can get some more UMS points under my belt:p: Sad, I know), both papers in German, so I can push my AS grade up to an A grade instead of a B, and giving me a better average for year 13. Also, I'm going to resit one of my modules for English - the one I got a C for. In this case, I'll be able to say I got a comfortable A for AS, and will feel more comfortable doing A2

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking the OCR biology foundation module AGAIN. (Hopefully i'll be 3rd time lucky lol)

Got 88/120, 67/90 in the other two so the 55/90 brought my grade down.

I will cry if i get a C in that module AGAIN becaue its the easiest!

ReputationRep:
    Everything.. and i mean EVERYTHING went wrong for me!

Maths - U
    Chemistry - U
    Biology - E
    Business Studies - C

Planned re-sits in Jan: (IF MY SIXTH FORM LET ME BACK IN!)

Edexcel Biology Unit 1, 2 and 3
    Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1, 2 and 3 will have to wait till June (Being a practical)
    AQA Business Studies Unit 1 (Got an A and B in the other two modules!)

Maths ive lost all hope for...

God knows what happend, especially after being predicted A/B for Bio, C for Chem, and B for Business St.

Anyone got any suggestions?! Or advice... Let me know!

Dali

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dali Bainz)
    Everything.. and i mean EVERYTHING went wrong for me!

Maths - U
    Chemistry - U
    Biology - E
    Business Studies - C

Planned re-sits in Jan: (IF MY SIXTH FORM LET ME BACK IN!)

Edexcel Biology Unit 1, 2 and 3
    Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1, 2 and 3 will have to wait till June (Being a practical)
    AQA Business Studies Unit 1 (Got an A and B in the other two modules!)

Maths ive lost all hope for...

God knows what happend, especially after being predicted A/B for Bio, C for Chem, and B for Business St.

Anyone got any suggestions?! Or advice... Let me know!

Dali

Erm, well to be honest. I think it may be best if you resit year 12.

A lot of the good universities..(if youre still hoping to get A's and B's,) expect a pass in an AS so I'm not sure forgetting about maths is a good idea.

Then doing 6 resits in january is a awful lot....actually. I'm doing 6 *hypocrite* lol. (3 chem, 1 hist, 1 politics and 1 psychology, but 3 of them are only to get 10 (or less) more UMS marks so not really a lot of work, quite different to your, situation in that respect.)

I think retaking the whole of AS biology in jan, will be quite tough, as well as with 2 chemistry modules. As you can see form my sig...my chemstry result was also very dire. So i'll be retakling the whole AS in January...if my 6hform lets me. I know how stupidly hard it is going to be doing that.

It does just depend on how hard you are willing to work really. Anything is possible if you put your heart (and all your effort!) into it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    I will be retaking :
    1 module in psychology which I took in January and done rubbish!
    PYA3- 56/100 D I realised I needed to get my arse into gear, this summer I got

PYA1- 93/100 - I’m sure it should have been 100/100 :p:
    PYA2- 100/100, overall A

1 module in Business took in January and got a C! Came out with B overall, almost an A so ill retake!

Don't need to retake any Sociology, and I can't be bothered to retake any English :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am resitting my Shakespeare paper, 2 RE papers, and possibly 2 ICT papers,,,,
    wohoo come on January - NOT!

ReputationRep:
    Maths! Hopefully going to resit M1, because I got a C in that. C2 if I can be bothered, because of a veryvery low B.. And yet somehow I managed an A overall. Magic! (Although if I'd lost one more mark, it would have been a B. But shh... :p:)

ReputationRep:
    well..
    i'll be resitting Edexcel biology unit 2 and 3 (got a C, 5 marks off a B, supprised about the paper 3 C because i didn't revise for it at all so expected worst)

also Chemistry (edexcel nuffield) i'll be resitting papers 1 and 2. i got a big fat D which i deserved coz i didn;'t really revise chem much

and i do textiles which i'll probably may redo my coursework folder just to bost the B to an A.

another problem is maths i did BAD, got a U for stats ( ) and a C for C1, and i still aint done C2 because my 6th form is weird and we don't finish the AS course until Jan, so i was wondering if i actually revise this time and work my but off (and maybe even get a tutor:eek: )to get A in c2 will that be enought to bost my maths result to B? i know how to revise maths now, just do loads and loads and LOADS of past papers (urgh should have known)

i really screwed BIG TIME this year but i've got decent GCSE results and im hoping my predicitions will pull through. next year im soooo going to LIVE in a library for ever.ahh i did soo bad, i really should have revised more.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a silly question here perhaps: if you are resitting a module, do you have to decline the overall AS grade (my sixth form is caching them in)?

ReputationRep:
    My psychological investigations (OCR) paper...I got an E on that and 2 A's on the other papers...so it drags my mark down to a B.

My module 2 history (course essays) and my module 3 history (Britain and France). I got E's in both and a high A in my module one...so they drag it down to a D. :rolleyes:

xx

ReputationRep:
    BIOLOGY! I was absolutely DEVASTATED at my result, considering Biology I enjoyed and worked in all year round, and neglected my other subjects.
    Results were:

BIOLOGY C 184/300.
    Unit 1: (C)
    Unit 2: (C)
    Unit 3: (D) My teacher told me I'd got a high A in my coursework ????

(I scraped it by 4 marks! :eek3:

FRENCH: 299/300: A. Unit 1: Listening: 90/90
    Unit 2: Reading/writing:120/120
    Unit 3: Oral: 89/90*

* I missed 1 mark off full score- unlucky!.

HISTORY 247/300: A. Unit 1: 96/120
    Unit 2: 74/90
    Unit 3: 77/90

I will resit unit 1 and 2 to bump my grade up, considering this is what I want to study.

CHEMISTRY 251/300 A.
    Unit 1: 100/120
    Unit 2: 78/90
    Unit 3: 70/90

No resits for chemistry as I'm dropping this in favour of my beloved Biology!

GCSE results: June 2006: A*s:English language, French*, Maths. * Top 5 results in UK.
    AsEnglish Literature,Double science, History, Geography, Music, Drama, Statistics
    3A*s, 8As.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna resit my Economics. Can't believe I did my unit 3 that bad (84/120). never got that low before. and also might have to resit accounting but don't know right now as my unit 3 result is missing.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.