The Student Room Group

Economics for Real Estate?

Hey,

This might seem like a vague question but I'd appreciate any form of help.

I'm hoping to go into the career of Real Estate, prehaps manage my own business some day (big dream) and I was wondering if Economics is a good way forward? (For both degree and A level).

My college offers Business Studies (for an AS/A level) as well which seems more appropiate but I noticed a lot of universities don't offer Business Studies as a degree unless you are already a graduate. That's why I'm more inclined to go with Economics. Pretty much all universities offer Economics as a degree so I'm assuming they'd prefer it if you have an Economics A level (?)

Thanks
Reply 1
Economics is more highly respected at A-level than business studies, namely by Cambridge and LSE (and probably several other unis) who blacklist business studies. A degree in economics should be a good degree choice if you want to pursue a career in real estate; you should also consider Land economy at Cambridge or a joint geog/econ course (as many of these have units on planning and development). However you should pursue an undergrad degree in a discipline you will enjoy, you can always take a postgrad course in real estate finance/econ.

Latest

Trending

Trending