Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited. I have a few questions.
    I am not from this country, having only moved to the UK last october and obtained my second work visa this year.

TLDR: I'm not British. This is my first job here. I have a few silly questions.

* I'm supposed to bring my bank info, what does that mean?
    So, my card has my account number and sort code on it, should I just write those down for them? Where I come from those numbers aren't available on the card, so I just assumed that was the reason they were there. If not, please give me advice!

I was also was told to wear 'normal' clothing, my normal is a t-shirt and soft trousers, do you think this will be all right, or should I wear something smart?

Advice is appreciated! Trying not to be thick, just new! Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hattyxo)
    I am not from this country, having only moved to the UK last october and obtained my second work visa this year.

So, my card has my account number and sort code on it, should I just write those down for them? Where I come from those numbers aren't available on the card, so I just assumed that was the reason they were there. If not, please give me advice!

I was also was told to wear 'normal' clothing, my normal is a t-shirt and soft trousers, do you think this will be all right, or should I wear something smart?

Induction day to what? (If that's not too personal).

I don't think they'd expect you to provide bank details on the spot. But there's no harm in being prepared.

To me, normal implies comfortable. But knowing what the job is would probably give a clearer idea.

ReputationRep:
    @04MR17 Sorry! It's at a mall, just a temp job for christmas (I realised after posting that there is a temp job section to ask this question in, oops. oh gosh, sorry I'm new!)

Anyway, its just a shop in the mall, a kids store, so nothing too fancy! I'm actually quite excited!
    But yes, she said she'd like my bank details, my BRP/visa, and my NINO,

I was just wondering what to provide for bank deets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattyxo)

Card should be fine. I've not long started work and I just had to fill in a form-no-one looked at where I'd got my bank details from.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    hey, first off congratulations!

It's so nice to see you excited for this!

Even though it says normal clothes, it can't hurt to just be a little smarter than what your 'normal' is. (e.g. maybe not a hoodie!)

I hope it goes well

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.