Turn on thread page Beta

Can I have my driving license taken off me for forgetting how to drive> watch

ReputationRep:
    I passed 5 years ago, and since then I havent driven because I couldnt afford a car and getting insured.

If I tell my instructor that I already have a full license, and later my driving proves to be horrendous; is the instructor able to take away my driving license if i'm not safe on the road?I would like to get a car now, but I feel I need to get driving lessons again to regain confidence and I think I may have forgotten some general driving know how (lanes, signs etc).

Any help would be great as I'm stressing over this

ReputationRep:
    old people can't drive for **** sometimes so you'll probably be ok

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hope so!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    no he wont

ReputationRep:
    only the police will take it away if you exhibit dangerous driving on the road. instructors often do lessons for those who haven't driven in a while, you aren't alone. it happens to loads of people, pass test in teens and then only drive again post uni etc

ReputationRep:
    Many have more driving lessons even when they have a full driving license it's just a recap because you never really fully forget how to drive

ReputationRep:
    Driving instructors can't take people's licenses off them. If you're worried that you're so rusty that they would want to, then you should probably take a refresher course

Generally, only a court or the DVLA can take people's licenses off them (as far as I know).

ReputationRep:
    He can't, but definitely have a few refresher lessons to make sure your driving is up to standard.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.