Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I recently got my AS grades and i didn't do well. I got BCC, i have very disappointed in these grades. i got B in maths. Although i was close to A in that i needed 3 more marks to get an A. Now i will be retaking my AS's in certain modules in january 2008 again. But i heard that taking retakes even if i push my grades to ABB by january. i still wouldn't get into actuarial science. As for my A2 exams, well i going to start studying these in September. Most people would just predict my A2 grades being the same as AS however i will be puting in 200% of extra work into my A2's and will not be making the same mistakes as in did with AS with these disappointing results.

What do you people think, shall i still follow of inspiration of doing Actuarial Science or shall i change my course.

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks

Kind Regards

ReputationRep:
    What matters is grade predictions. ABB is the requirement for Southampton's 'Maths and Actuarial Studies' course, as well as Kent's 'Actuarial Science' course. I am sure a few others have this requirement as well. Even City's requirement is ABB in this year's Clearing. Also the Maths grade is important - an A would be advisable (and in some cases a requirement). I've seen people chat crap and say they will work 10 times as hard. It is down to the person, ultimately. If you really feel you can improve that much, then by all means, apply for it. I can't really say whether you should follow your aspirations or not.

Remember you do have five UCAS choices. You don't have to apply for all actuarial courses.

ReputationRep:
    If you work 10 times as hard you might end up at an unsuitable uni.

ReputationRep:
    you dont need to apply just for acturial science ... if your clever with your personal statment you can word it to suit both maths and acturial thereby opening up your options. Thats what i did and i still got an offer from lse, as well as interview from oxford?!? (however i did get a stragiht rejection from imperial) ... you can pm me if you want some more advice op

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2007

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.