EmsJayne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all!

I'm in the process of applying and interviewing for universities to study Primary Education. What are your choices, have you heard back from them? I'm also interested to know how your interviews went if you have had one yet.

I had an interview at Kingston and it was just me and one other person so it only took about fourty minutes as they basically skipped over the group discussion as we were so limited in numbers (our UCAs applications were early!)

If anyone has any experience from Greenwich or Canterbury universities I'd be interested to know what kind of questions are asked and what the group activity entails!

Best of luck to all prospective teachers!
Eliot99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I have applied to:

Sheffield Hallam
Edge Hill (interview on the 9th)
York St john
Bishop Grosseteste
Leeds Beckett
JoannaTD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,
I've applied to
York St. John- 31st January
Leeds trinity - 7th January
Leeds Becket - 18th January
Sheffield Hallam - 5th January

So nervous!
ewilliams23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoannaTD)
Hey,
I've applied to

So nervous!
Hi!
ewilliams23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoannaTD)
Hey,
I've applied to

So nervous!
Hi! I have an interview at Sheffield Hallam on the 19th Jan, how did yours go? What was it like?
Harriet_B98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

The universities I've applied for for primary ed:
Canterbury Christ church
Winchester
Hertfordshire
Reading

I've got interviews for all my university choices and they're all within the next 2 months. I did my first interview at Canterbury Christ church on 11th January, and they gave me an offer the next day, so I'm very happy!!
The interview for very relaxed. We had a welcome talk then we did a maths test (which was multiplying decimals, adding fractions etc). Afterwards our names were called and we were taken into smaller rooms. There was about 8-9 of us in each group and we had 2 interviewers in the room. We were then split into 2 smaller groups of 4-5. The group task was quite simple and straight forward. There was some debate so everyone was able to get their view across. Then we had individual interviews with one of the interviewers, and it was like having a friendly conversation. They based all my questions on my personal statement. The whole interview process finished 30 mins early too.

I'm worried for my other interviews though because they sound challenging. Good luck everyone☺️
dana-claire
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ewilliams23)
Hi! I have an interview at Sheffield Hallam on the 19th Jan, how did yours go? What was it like?
I do too!
sholen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone applied to any Scottish universities? In particular Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Strathclyde?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads