The Student Room Group

Need Advice

So I got my AS results yesterday. They were as follows.

Art = 231 / 300 total Grade = B

Philosophy and Theology = 157/200 Grade = B

General Studies = 181 / 300 Grade = C

Computing = 238 / 300 Grade = B

So I was 2 marks of in Computing from an A and in Art I was 9 marks of an A.
General studies is totally ****ed because I got two B's in the modules and got one ungradeable which makes no sense. So the questions I want to ask are.

1.) Are these decent grades to apply to uni and are they decent in general.

2.) Is it worth me retaking Computing, Art and General Studies modules, 1 only?

3.) Should I be disappointed with these results?
Reply 1
of course they are good! jesus! people get into uni's with a lot worse than that, you should be well pleased. Also it just depends on what course u want to do and thatll then tell you what grades you need.
Reply 2
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) NO!
Check that any of the unis u would think about applying to would accpet general studies. Some do not and it would b pointless to put your self through extra revision when there is no need. At AS (assuming your carrying on the subject to A2) I wouldn't worry about how close you are to the following grade. Unis look at predicted grades and you can leave grade pending on UCAS if you wish. Your marks for AS and A2 will be added together so being a few marks of an A in AS is unlikely to change ur overall grade at A2. This being the case if you feel you could do better in a module than you did retake it to take presure of A2 overall mark.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice guys.
Reply 5
Does anyone know the the marking for OCR I think I may be 7 marks of an A in Religious Studies / Philosophy and Theology I got 233/300. Would 7 marks get me an A?
Yep, the UMS marks are standard across all boards, 240/300 is an A at AS whichever board you are on. So yep, 7 marks would give you an A grade.
Reply 7
Its worth retaking a few modules, A2 is harder so the more AS marks you have the better.

Latest