Turn on thread page Beta

What's the coldest you've ever been? watch

ReputationRep:
    For me, it has to be when I was in Canada in the winter. It was -30 degrees out there and my coat was a thin, light one instead of a big, furry one that they usually wear there. I was freezing so much I actually thought my saliva was going to freeze

ReputationRep:
    For me, probably everyday I go into my room at night I reach new levels of cold : the radiator doesn't work in my room and it's on the third floor so I'm closer to the sky aka closer to the wind but also closer to God so I feel safe in the cold.

Sometimes I start to doubt myself cause if God really wanted to protect me he'd fix my radiator.

ReputationRep:
    I was in Ypres, Belgium, in February, on a school trip, and my hands were so cold I couldn't write - no joke - I couldn't physically grip the pen properly! And I had been wearing gloves!

ReputationRep:
    I think the coldest oven ever been was during a DofE expedition. I didn't bring a coat because I thought it would e too heavy to array around. I remember trying to find a place to fill my water bottle at night when it was like -5 degrees, wearing a t shirt and trousers.

ReputationRep:
    Going to Lapland in december. But the northern lights were beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically it was when I was in Canada to see relatives. I knew it was a cold country in the winter but I always thought of cold in British terms- here, I guess cold would be anything below 0. Well in Canada, 0 in the winter is pretty much a heatwave. Neither me or anyone in my family thought it was going to be -35 degrees when we landed. We brought these thin normal coats with us which didn't exactly protect us from the heat. It was a huge shock when we first went outside! We bought new coats later on haha

ReputationRep:
    In my house with the window open, tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it was around 2010 or 2011. Back when it actually snowed in my area. It was cold AF but I made snowmen and it was great fun. I think I was like 7 at the time

ReputationRep:
    When I was in New York 2 years ago with -15 degrees Celsius plus windchill that made it feel like -25.

Don't go to America in December kids...

ReputationRep:
    Ice bath after football

;D

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've never been anywhere colder than the UK. It think around -5 degrees while wearing a coat was the coldest I ever got.

ReputationRep:
    Read the title and was gonna say when I was practicing legilimency against Harry on purpose just to make him feel ****.
    Then read the thread... :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm in a swimming team outside school, we have to go to some competitive events with other teams. One of these was in an outdoor pool (we thought it was going to be indoor since it was winter). It was so cold- I think it was around 5 degrees outside, which seems like -1million when you're standing in your speedos. The pool itself was nice and warm but since there so many events I had to spent the majority of the time waiting for my event. I was still freezing for the rest of the day.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    9 degrees
    Rain
    Wind
    British Seaside
    No coat
    Brrr

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I took a cold bath once...never again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    &&Drenched from having something thrown over me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren-x-)
    Lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.