Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I've only ever done my coursework which was always done in school. Apart from that I haven't done anything... Ever.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i didnt turn up to half my economics module 2 lessons, didnt do any independent work, didnt do homework either, didnt do any past papers, got predicted a C by my teacher, spent under 24hours revising and still ended up with 87/90.

i also did computing(aqa) and i am one of the worst in the class. the whole class retook module 1 and most ppl ended up with BBE but somehow i got BAA (86/90) on mod 3 and i didnt even spend much time revising.

but the one i did revise for (chemistry) i got AAA but didnt get as many UMS points as i wanted. ill never make the mistake of revising for a test again.

ReputationRep:
    I would always recommend doing the smallest amount of work you can get away with outside of lessons (with skill and plenty of practise you can get this down to as little as 10 minutes per week).
    I have friends who literally never left their houses because they did so much work- it's not healthy!

DISCLAIMER: This recommendation does not apply to the period of 3 days running up to any exam, when a sensible candidate spends their time scrawling illegible notes from textbooks and sporadically sobbing into their ribena, wishing they had worked more for their A levels...

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    1) For most of the year I did nothing - I didn't even do my homework most of the time (they can't make me - I'm A-level ); then at the end, for about one/half weeks during my exams, I did about 3-4 hours revision per day, most days.
    2) No. None. Though I know a friend who I guess probably has. But she started AS revision at Xmas.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I only do around 1/2 hour a day. Sometimes when im making notes, i take a little longer.

Working in the summer? HELL NO.

I'd advise nobody to, as by the time it comes to the all important A2

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I only do around 1/2 hour a day. Sometimes when im making notes, i take a little longer.

Working in the summer? HELL NO.

I'd advise nobody to, as by the time it comes to the all important A2 year, you will be exhausted and won't really have a nack of working again. I'd say make the most of your summer, and take driving lessons/search unis/do your draft of personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    BDW, tsr just crashed so one of my posts is incomplete.

ReputationRep:
    1)I did A LOT of work when i did my A levels especially for Maths I literally did 4 papers a day in the last weeks before the exams as they were avaliable.
    The main reason whoever why i did this was because i couldnt find anything more interesting to do @ my school.

2) I never did ANY work when i was at home during holidays as we usually weren't set any and / or ive done everything set during term time.

Also as much as i did for Maths i virtually did nothing for ICT (apart from the insame amount of coursework) as it comes to me naturally and i even tought myself module 5 on my own and sat it in january.

I can just recommend working hard for subjects which are harder / require more practice (maths comes to mind) and do less on subjects which are basically common sense such as ICT or business studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark and Lovely)
    ^ I suggest you do your homework in year 13..lol
    I will work harder for A2, i'm sure of it.

Although, i recall making a similar post this time last year

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.