Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how long after u book the test does it happen usually, like is it a long wait
    if u pass, can u drive from that second, or do u have to wait for them to post u the card
    is it just an urban myth that they fail alot of people on purpose on their first go

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Its a long waiting list, yes!
    I had mine last wednesday and i passed! U just have to feel ready, and had had a lot of practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    if u pass, can u drive from that second, or do u have to wait for them to post u the card
    is it just an urban myth that they fail alot of people on purpose on their first go

thanks
    9 weeks is the normal waiting list, although you could get a cancellation
    you can drive as soon as you pass - you get a pass certificate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)

thanks
    well my brother just booked and the earliest he can get is december!

ReputationRep:
    I failed my first test and desperately needed to drive so found a test centre with a short waiting time (4 weeks) and luckily passed the second time....however, the normal waiting time is between 7 and 10 weeks. Once you have passed your test you can drive straight away - you don't need to wait for your full driving licence card to come through.

ReputationRep:
    Mines booked for August 27th but I think I might move it back a bit, I haven't had any proper lessons yet .

ReputationRep:
    I think I had to wait about 2 or 3 weeks. Depends on your area I should imagine!

ReputationRep:
    The waiting list was 3-4 months for me, I got a cancellation and only had to wait a month though.

ReputationRep:
    The waiting list can be four weeks, or even less if you get a cancellation, it depends on how busy the test center is.

ReputationRep:
    The current pass rate on driving tests is 43% and even lower for first time tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    The current pass rate on driving tests is 43% and even lower for first time tests.
    Really? I thought it would be higher than that.

ReputationRep:
    if you're good enough or get lucky on the day you'll pass. Just cos you mess something up don't give up or say "oops" i managed to **** up reversing round a corner but i still passed, the mud guard rubbed on the tire at full lock up a hill, but i got out looked at it tried again and explained it to the instructor and she didn't fail me on it. If you relax them in the first five minutes of the drive they'll be less on edge.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.